What's new

GinSan Pre Soak

thepoundwash

Reaction score
Ok now keep in mind I've been a carwash owner for nearly 3 months now. We recently had a Ginsan Ultimate System put in. The presoak we have at the moment is just pushed by a flow jet and an air line. Not nearly enough pressure to get that soapy type of soap people desire. Am I overlooking something? Shouldn't it have low pressure from the cat pump as well?? Any advice or help would be great.

MEP001

Reaction score
The presoak pump can handle up to 70 PSI air inlet. The way it's most likely set up is that there's a single air regulator for all three pumps, and the outlet is regulated down with another regulator. You want the main air regulator set to 70 and the second regulator set where you get 70 out. You can get more pressure by switching to a Procon pump, but you'll need to add a multiplexer to control it. That's fairly simple to do.

thepoundwash

Reaction score
The presoak pump can handle up to 70 PSI air inlet. The way it's most likely set up is that there's a single air regulator for all three pumps, and the outlet is regulated down with another regulator. You want the main air regulator set to 70 and the second regulator set where you get 70 out. You can get more pressure by switching to a Procon pump, but you'll need to add a multiplexer to control it. That's fairly simple to do.
Ok my flow jet is set on right at 60psi and the air line going into the line is also set right at 60ish psi. It's putting out a soapy low low pressure mist. I know the chemical is good because I got it from another carwash friend that has it and his comes out crazy soapy!! Unlike mine. It's as almost if he has like a low pressure rinse type pressure.

MEP001

Reaction score
Ok my flow jet is set on right at 60psi and the air line going into the line is also set right at 60ish psi. It's putting out a soapy low low pressure mist.
Try to get the presoak liquid pressure up to 70. I prefer to separate the common air and add regulators for each pump. The Flojets last longer when they aren't being pushed at their maximum pressure all the time. Turning the air pressure down on the presoak stack will help too. Since there are no adjustments for each bay at the solenoids, you have to run the air pressure lower than the liquid.
Unlike mine. It's as almost if he has like a low pressure rinse type pressure.
He might have presoak coming through the high pressure pump at a reduced pressure. Coleman systems have that.

thepoundwash

Reaction score
Wonder if that is possible with the ginsan system? It's seems like it would be possible

MEP001

Reaction score
It's possible, but I wouldn't do it. It takes a long time for the presoak to reach the gun, and it will be much more complicated and cost more than adding a Procon pump and multiplexer.

thepoundwash

Reaction score
10/4 I'll look at figuring that out. Does each bay need a procon pump? Never used one

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Another option would be to install foam guns and continue to use the Flojet. Typically foam guns use a much larger nozzle which reduces the amount of pressure required for the right amount of flow...

Can't believe I beat you to that suggestion, Cantbreak80?! :D

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Ok my flow jet is set on right at 60psi and the air line going into the line is also set right at 60ish psi. It's
You can't pit 10lbs thru a 5lb sack and trying t put too much volume thru an .05 tip will kill the foam. I would start at 40 PSI for the liquid and 10 PSI for the air and perhaps increase the air to 20 PSI. Here is a video of Tire cleaner but PS is the same.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Etowah