What's new

GinSan GS31 Display Timer Replacement

Car Washer

Reaction score
I am needing to replace my old GinSan 31 Display Timers. They are too dim and some are not showing the numbers fully. Currently have GS-401 Timers in the pump room. What model would fit in the bays to replace the GS31s?

Attachments

Keno

Reaction score
I don't think there is a "drop-in" replacement for the GS-31. @Dan kamsickas will know, hopefully he'll chime in soon. Or just call Ginsan directly, they'll be able to help you out.

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
There is not a drop in replacement for the GS31. Several components we used to build those went obsolete several years ago and because of the very low volume of those we were selling we opted not to invest the R&D dollars into designing a replacement. To be blunt, the display in the bay/timer in the equipment room set up went the way of the dodo bird about 15 years ago. The industry has moved to display timers in the bays.

Car Washer

Reaction score
There is not a drop in replacement for the GS31. Several components we used to build those went obsolete several years ago and because of the very low volume of those we were selling we opted not to invest the R&D dollars into designing a replacement. To be blunt, the display in the bay/timer in the equipment room set up went the way of the dodo bird about 15 years ago. The industry has moved to display timers in the bays.
Dan, Yeah it is an old set up. I was just hoping GinSan had a display that I could put in that spot since it was cut into the brick to house it.

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
As a short term improvement you can change the red lens. They are part number 74117 and I think a pack of 5 is less than $10.

When yours were install that was a clean look but it makes necessary upgrades to bigger, better meter boxes more work.

Etowah

Car Washer

Reaction score
As a short term improvement you can change the red lens. They are part number 74117 and I think a pack of 5 is less than $10.

When yours were install that was a clean look but it makes necessary upgrades to bigger, better meter boxes more work.
Thank you! I will try that. Would you happen to have a part # for the Lexan covers?

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
The lexan covers came with the entire enclosure and that's one of the things we can no longer get. I've had some customers have some success with using headlight restorer kits on them.

Car Washer

Reaction score
The lexan covers came with the entire enclosure and that's one of the things we can no longer get. I've had some customers have some success with using headlight restorer kits on them.
Good idea. I can definitely sand and polish them out. I could not find the red lenses on the GinSan site. Can you send a link?