What's new

Getting the grime off Windows in a Tunnel - Is there a chemical solution that does this in 20 minutes?

Reaction score
We have been cleaning these windows at car washes with a rare earth mineral scrub and literally sanding them down, polishing them to new, and then sealing them.

We ran into an old school facilities manager that says he uses a chemical solution that does it in 20-30 minutes. He said it is called SAW -- can't find anything online about it at all.

Any recommendations on this? The mechanical way we have been doing it usually takes 4-6 hours.

We love being the best and not using the chemicals, but when necessary I would love to have this in our toolbox to win more bids and serve our clients.

Car Wash Window Dirty.jpg

Attachments

DiamondWash

Reaction score

washnshine

Reaction score
I never used SAW but Quest has a great line of chemicals.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
I tried SAW. Didn't do jack. Klein Wall or Sulfuric Acid. Spray on and let dwell for a min or so and wash off and they're like new.

I'm not paying somebody to scrub and buff or hours or doing it myself. Time is money.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
SAW is a specialty product that works on a lot of surfaces. It's main selling point is that it does not contain HF acid, which is particularly hazardous to use. It cleans alkaline scale off equipment better than HF acid, but overall HF does a much better job overall on most surfaces around the car wash and is much cheaper to use. It is worth trying and I believe quest will send you a free sample.

Kleen Wall or other products that contain HF will clean the film but etch/frost the glass over time. You probably have a product that has HF in your chemical inventory. if you are not familiar with it you should be because it is an excellent cleaner for car wash walls and equipment. Quest sells a product called aluminate that contains HF.

Reaction score

This is awesome thank you

traveler17

Reaction score
We have been cleaning these windows at car washes with a rare earth mineral scrub and literally sanding them down, polishing them to new, and then sealing them.

We ran into an old school facilities manager that says he uses a chemical solution that does it in 20-30 minutes. He said it is called SAW -- can't find anything online about it at all.

Any recommendations on this? The mechanical way we have been doing it usually takes 4-6 hours.

We love being the best and not using the chemicals, but when necessary I would love to have this in our toolbox to win more bids and serve our clients.

View attachment 9689
Sounds like a nice advertising opportunity for ya

DavidM

Reaction score
SAW works great for us because we clean our walls, windows and equipment on a regular basis. I recently purchased a wash that had not been kept clean. SAW was working but would have needed many applications to get through all of the grime. A more aggressive cleaner like Klean Wall or Acidex from T&E cuts through much faster however with a greater risk due to the type of products they are.