What's new

Getting Presoak to Foam in Washworld

steve569

Reaction score
I have several Washworld machines and when the presoak is applied to the car some of them foam nicely while some just do an OK job. All have the same soap the same size injector .083 dual injector for Hi PH and .086 single injector for low PH. They have the same color tips and the soap tritrates out to the very close to the same. After consulting with Washworld I replaced the Nylon foaming material in the manifolds in the machines that were not foaming as well but this did not help. The pump pressure and air pressure are all set to factory recommendations. I would appreciate any ideas.

Hoser06

Reaction score
My 4000's all have nylon "scrunchies" in the overhead manifold just after where the low pressure lines tee in.

I always start at the injectors and supply lines. I know on my dual injectors for a two step presoak, the injectors eventually get build up inside the orifice or the tips and it can kill the foam/spread of the chemical.

whitescout

Banned
Reaction score
There is a nylon foaming material in the "foamer tube" that is part of the manifold where the low pressure functions meet the high pressure functions. Both Washworld and PDQ use them.

Is this an issue that has started recently? Are you sure you are using the same amount of soap on all of the machines? Just because the machines are using the same colored tip and same size injector, doesn't mean that you are using the same amount of soap.

There are several things that could change soap usage between machines.

incoming water pressure( and outgoing)
worn tips
obstruction or blockages from LP manifold on machine to spray arch
partially block foot valves
partially blocked draw tubes from chemical to injector

have you checked the pressure relief valve on the manifolds to make sure they are not allowing some the chemical to pass by?

steve569

Reaction score
Whitescout, Thank you for your reply. The issue has not started recently I have 2 machines that have never foamed as good as the others. I don't think it is do to the amount of soap used because when you tritrate the soap the strength is very close to the same on all machines. You have given me many things to double check and I will give them a try.

JustClean

Reaction score
At our Washworld the tripple foam wouldn't come out nicely so my technician replaced the standard nylon insert with a stainless steel pott scrubby thing! What a difference that was. Hope that helps.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
I would think that the issue isn't really what you use, as it is to cause some turbulence with the mixture. Cleaning the scum out from time to time should be the key.

JustClean

Reaction score
I would think that the issue isn't really what you use, as it is to cause some turbulence with the mixture. Cleaning the scum out from time to time should be the key.
In my case both the original nylon insert and the stainless pot scrubber were brand new. No residues whatsoever inside but replacing one with the other made a BIG difference.