What's new

Genesis -Mars coversion for Rowe Changer

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
These kits have been out for some time now, and while pricey ($995), they sound like the ultimate Mars upgrade for Rowe changers. Has anyone installed them? What kind of success have you had with them? Any issues?

I'm sick and tired of paying $60 to $120 a pop to have our Rowe BA-50's serviced only to get iffy acceptance.

MEP001

Reaction score
From what I understand, the cost is high because it replaces a lot of the most problematic parts and not just the bill transport. The Rowe stacker is also eliminated.

GoBuckeyes

Reaction score
Trust me, if the unit works well, it would be a welcome sight to open the changer and see all the Rowe bullsh1t gone. But before I buy a kit, I would like to hear from someone who is using one. Also, I first saw the Genesis kit on Etowah Valley's site, but have since seenthe same kit on Suncoast Changer's site. Who actually makes it?

Kirb

Reaction score
I switched my Hamilton XE for Etowah Valley's Mars Kit and it was worth every penny. No jams and great acceptance. Also as a bonus I sold my used Hamilton for $50 less than the kit. Give Jim a call.

Randy

Reaction score
Rowe has there own Mars conversion kit out now. I think it?s in the neighborhood of $699 or $799. Comes with a new Control board, Mars validator, Wiring harness and mounting brackets, etc. There are other Mars conversion kits on the market but only the Rowe kit still gives you the ability to audit the changer.

GoBuckeyes

Reaction score
I can't believe that no-one on the Forum has installed a Genesis Mars Conversion?! I already know that the Mars validator is the way to go. We have used retrofits kits for Hamilton autocashiers with great success. What we're looking for is firsthand knowledge that THIS retrofit kit for a Rowe BC1400 is all that it sounds like it should be. Anyone?

8flyer

Reaction score
I can't believe that no-one on the Forum has installed a Genesis Mars Conversion?! I already know that the Mars validator is the way to go. We have used retrofits kits for Hamilton autocashiers with great success. What we're looking for is firsthand knowledge that THIS retrofit kit for a Rowe BC1400 is all that it sounds like it should be. Anyone?
I switched my Rowe bc-1400 to mars with this kit and a new security faceplate this summer. Cost around $700 total and 2 hre time. Never had a failure since.

GoBuckeyes

Reaction score
Thanks 8flyer. Where did you purchase the Genesis kit for $700. The only two places I've seen it available have been $995 since it's introduction. $700 sure sounds alot nicer!

Randy

Reaction score
Call Frank at Baca?s changer service in Denver he sells the Rowe kit for $738.00. E-mail me for the phone number.

Twodose

Reaction score
The Genesis conversion kit is made by Etowah Valley. Talked to Jim G today he said this is his product. He said he has sold 3000 of them.

Jims a very innovative guy, although he seems to be a bit miserable these days compared to the days when he was first starting out. :(

I have used his kits to covert a Hamilton DRS to Mars and also a single Hamilton to a Coinco with a changer monitor, he has some great products.

Rowe also makes a conversion kit but keeps most of the old parts.

"The Genesis kit from Etowah Valley Equipment, Inc. is self contained. The only Rowe items remaining in the changer are the actual cabinet and the hoppers (minus the buckets). The payout is "real time" with no worries about faulty bucket dumps. Unlike other "kits," we use the application correct Mars bill acceptor and on board audit meters keep track of your money. The Genesis conversion kit completely removes and replaces all Rowe electronic components."

http://www.angelfire.com/mech/evmanufacturing/mars.html

Installation Instructions:

http://www.angelfire.com/mech/evmanufacturing/pdf/genesis_bc12r.pdf

Spotwashman

Reaction score
Conversion Kit

I have had a Genesis conversion kit for 4 months. It was supopose to be able to dispense quarters from one hopper and dollar coins from the other one. It can't do that. I also have had it not dispense the quarters equally from both hoppers. It empties one hopper and then shuts down, leaving the machine out of service while the other hopper still full. It alternates back and forth between the two hoppers, so the problem isnt the hopper assembly. I ahvent had any luck getting it fixed or replaced.

blurdgman

Reaction score
We installed a Genesis Kit 3 months ago and its been working fine. It does audit the money paid in and it also audits the left and right hoppers with three built-in meters. Jim sets it up at the factory as to what payout you want for individual bills.
We just ordered three more Genesis kits to complete the conversion of all four Rowe BC 1400's. We expect to sell the Rowe parts.

Spotwashman

Reaction score
New Chip Fixed It

I just recieved a replacement chip from Jim with new software Ver. 3.0+ to fix the problems we were having and to adjust the payout from the hoppers using quarters and dollar coins as we had requested in April. It appears as though it will switch back to quarters if the dollar coin hopper runs out. I have been impressed with the simplicity of the Genesis kit, just got irritated having to handle so many quarters, dollars are much easier. Jim did come through.