What's new

Genesis Coversion Kit for Rowe...

washme1

Reaction score
Those of you that have converted your Rowe changer to a Genesis or other conversion kit, what platform did you use to sell the parts removed from the changer?
I sold two sets of components on EBAY. I don't recall how much I received. It was probably around $100-150 for everything. The shipping was expensive due to the weight. I suspect that demand for those components is decreasing daily.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I sold two sets of components on EBAY. I don't recall how much I received. It was probably around $100-150 for everything. The shipping was expensive due to the weight. I suspect that demand for those components is decreasing daily.
Agreed, I'm getting ready to do the same thing with my components. I used a Capital Vending kit that has been flawless and have 2 changers worth of parts just sitting in my equipment room...

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
Those Rowe parts may be worth more than you think. A replacement power supply used to be crazy expensive, like maybe $800. If you can find somebody who wants to keep the frigging thing (Rowe).

washme1

Reaction score
Those Rowe parts may be worth more than you think. A replacement power supply used to be crazy expensive, like maybe $800. If you can find somebody who wants to keep the frigging thing (Rowe).
...yes, if you could find somebody who wants to keep the frigging thing. I ran my EBAY listing for a week. I got one bid.

MEP001

Reaction score
You'd be surprised how some people would rather keep what they have and deal with the problems than change to something unfamiliar to them.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I had somebody contact me through the forum but that's been several years ago. I guess everybody must have already switched. I got about 2/3 of what I spent for my old stuff. Switching to Mars is the best ss decision I have made since I've been in business.

kentadel

Reaction score
I must be the only one who still has and likes the rowe BC changer. Mine have been going since 1990 with very few problems. I have updated everything at my washes but the changers, they have been that reliable. The only negative would be the cost of updating for the new bills.