What's new

General pump low pressure

wyatt

Reaction score
I’m used to cat pumps but bought a wash with general pumps PEHT2010s. I’ve got one that dropped pressure from 1200 to 800. No pulsations. Tip is good. What should I look for? High pressure seals?

it is not leaking anywhere.

MEP001

Reaction score
Your regulator could be bad. Your tip could be washed out. You might have a bad check valve letting pressure back where it shouldn't go.

Brad888

Reaction score
What are your thoughts on the General pumps? I have 6 Hypro 2414B-C3LP that I cant parts for.
The Cat 56 rs pumps are good but pricey. I dont want to downgrade, I'm just ignorant of General pumps.

Randy

Reaction score
Why not just go with a more common pump? The Cat 310 is almost the same spec as the Hypro 2414. The Cat 310 will put out 4gpm with a max pressure of 2200 psi. what more do you need and you can get parts.

MEP001

Reaction score
General pumps are crap now. I gave them one last chance a few years ago, I put it on the least used bay, it needed seals after about a year, I replaced the seals and it immediately started leaking from the piston oil seals, a few days after I replaced those it started leaking from the crankshaft seal. I recommend either a Cat 310S or a 5CP2120W. The latter is much easier to service.

Etowah

Carwashking

Reaction score
Mep1. What general pump did you use? We have been using the general pump with stainless head. Our cat 310s would lucky to last 18 months before washout. Because cat pump was difficult to stand behind warranty. We became a test location for general. I have over 25 pumps changed over. We operate the pumps at 1800 psi in truck wash bays and 1200 in car bays. We now have zero washout and have pumps lasting over 6000 hours before any issues. Hands down General has made a superior pump that can withstand strong chemical and high heat without washout. Slap a seal kit and valve kit and it is like new. How many time has anyone replaced cat seals and valves to still have a vibration? I have over 60 bays of high volume and if a cat 310 or 5cp has completed its one time warranty I replace with the general pump

SoakZone

Reaction score
I’m used to cat pumps but bought a wash with general pumps PEHT2010s. I’ve got one that dropped pressure from 1200 to 800. No pulsations. Tip is good. What should I look for? High pressure seals?

it is not leaking anywhere.
Or it could be schmenge built up in the spring in the unloader. I had one that we couldn't figure out why there was only 800psi down from 2100psi. Took the pump apart, replaced all the seals (basically rebuilt it), tried it out and zero. Old o-rings and a little machine screw somehow got into the unloader and wouldn't allow water or the spring to move. Removed that, and we're back in business.

Carwashking

Reaction score
Brass is not able to withstand hot water, soap and high pressure without washout but stainless can withstand all of the above. The wearable parts should be the seals and orings.