What's new

General information - Purchased old

Minni1986

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I came across an old self serve wash. We had purchased it, as it was a really good deal.

I am looking to see general information on self serve. I have just been researching online and have some information, however, wanted to see if there is something that will really help me know what part/materials or any other good online resources. Maybe information on which brands you guys have and recommend.

I have been watching 'Car Wash Chronicles,' on Youtube and it has been fascinating.

Randy

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I came across an old self serve wash. We had purchased it, as it was a really good deal.

I am looking to see general information on self serve. I have just been researching online and have some information, however, wanted to see if there is something that will really help me know what part/materials or any other good online resources. Maybe information on which brands you guys have and recommend.

I have been watching 'Car Wash Chronicles,' on Youtube and it has been fascinating.
So what is left inside this old car wash? Does it have any equipment inside? Are the coin boxes and vacuums still intact? Do you have any pictures of what you have? And lastly stop watching that BULL $HIT! On Youtube.

MEP001

Reaction score
Car Wash Chronicles isn't the worst YouTuber with a car wash, but he's not an experienced operator. You will get much better advice on this forum than from his videos. No one here is looking to profit off you. He makes money every time someone watches one of his videos.

There is plenty to read here, as you can see there's nearly 16 years of posts full of all kinds of information, and you can always ask your own questions.

A lot of us use Kleen-Rite for parts, probably most of us. I order almost everything from them because they have pretty much anything you could need, and their prices are almost always the best. They have free shipping deals twice a year and a points system that you can use toward shipping. I order five or six times a year and never pay shipping. What you lose in saving money is customer service, they won't be of much help finding the parts you need, but you can always ask for help with that here.

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
Hey guys,

There are several Youtubers claiming to be car wash experts and most, quite frankly, are full of crap. This site, and it's members, are a goldmine of information.

Please post as many pictures of the site and equipment as possible. You may not like the responses but they'll be honest

No one here is looking to profit off you. .
Ahem. I'm a filthy rotten capitalist pig. I never deny that, but I try to be as ethical as possible.