What's new

gatlin guns?

kempape

Reaction score
anyone know if electric or hydraulic gatlin guns have similar durability? i mite need to purchase more g guns( or a similar product) for iba and didnt see anything but elec g guns on pdq website),,, {and i seem to recall some negative feedback on the electric version},,, thnx, kemp

bigleo48

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

MEP001

Reaction score
We have the Belanger ones on the Vector - they look nicer than the ones in big's photo because they're large blue arches with an aluminum piece across to which the spinners are attached. In seven years I've only replaced the swivels once.

I'd never thought of using them with zero-degree nozzles - they have regular V-spray tips in them now.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
They don't get hit? These are stationary? Do they spray the whole time the car is driving in? If I did this could I eliminate the prewash pass?
Thanks

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
We have the Belanger ones on the Vector - they look nicer than the ones in big's photo because they're large blue arches with an aluminum piece across to which the spinners are attached. In seven years I've only replaced the swivels once.

I'd never thought of using them with zero-degree nozzles - they have regular V-spray tips in them now.
Ever since they switched to the ceramic bearings, they last forever.:)

bigleo48

Reaction score
Mep,

I did price the Vector ones and they were $K for the same thing, so I passed.

They are stationary and do not get hit as they are far enough away not too.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
Jon
I clicked on your website and it looks like it's in Latin????????

Leo,
Do these spray the whole length of the car? If this would replace my prewash pass it would kill 2 birds with 1 stone; clean wheels and speed up the wash packages.

bigleo48

Reaction score
Leo,
Do these spray the whole length of the car? If this would replace my prewash pass it would kill 2 birds with 1 stone; clean wheels and speed up the wash packages.
No, About 2'6" feet...the car has 20 seconds of spray time.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
depending on how fast they drive in? What arms them, a photoeye?

bigleo48

Reaction score
Well most of my customers know the 20 second rule, so they drive slow through them.

The arms came with the spinners and the photoeye is from the undercarriage blast option on my PDQ M5.

Clean in Montana

Reaction score
Mep,

I did price the Vector ones and they were $K for the same thing, so I passed.

They are stationary and do not get hit as they are far enough away not too.

Man I wish all the washes I go to were that clean...

Did the brackets on the right rail have to be special order because of the windows?

MEP001

Reaction score
Jimmy Buffett said:
Will 1000 psi clean wheels with no chemical ?
No. The wheel and rocker blasters are more for removing heavier dirt and salt than grime or brake dust. I've even been considering taking out the side sprayers and adding a strong tire/wheel cleaner application instead.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I was hoping to get both clean wheels and do away with my prewash pass but I don't think that is possible.
What would you use, maybe a cta?

MEP001

Reaction score
If I can't find something that works the way I want (i. e. will cover well regardless of tire size and vehicle speed) I'll probably make something out of a PLC and driveway signal switches.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I know this is probably a dumb question but are these price individually or as a pair?

Etowah