What's new

Gas Station Partnership

The Wiz

Reaction score
We are considering a POS interface with some gas stations in close proximity to our wash locations. I want to study the potential profits. I saw the post on washes per gallons sold at the station but I want to understand how the typical partnerships work in terms of sharing profits from the POS sales with the gas station? Do they take a percentage or a fixed amount from the sale?

washme1

Reaction score
I know there is an operator in my area who has an arrangement with a nearby convenience store. That C store gets paid $1 by the operator for each wash code they sell. The operator bills the C store for all of the codes sold (whether or not they are used). The C store can either discount the wash or keep the fee as profit. I think they only offer the top wash.

r&r wash

Reaction score
Wiz,

We have a similar agreement with an adjacent C store. We give them $1 for every wash they sell. I do not know how many gallons they sell so I can't help you on washes per gallon.

PEI

Reaction score
We offer our partners 5% of all sales through their pumps and C-Store. This encourages them to push our carwashes since the more they sell the more they make.

Another thing that we have done in the past is to offer a 5 cent per gallon discount on all gas purchases that include a carwash. This costs us on average between 50 cent and 60 cent per car, yet drives both gas sales and carwash sales.

Baywash

Mike
Reaction score
We partner with Murphy USA and they get 15% of gross sells. We also discount the washes by $1. Almost all of the purchases are done with credit card, so this saves me around 5% as Murphy takes care of that. So I look at it as costing me only 10% plus the discount. All in all with the extra volume they send my way, I am happy with the arrangment.