What's new

Gas Prices?

Etowah

CarWashBoy

Reaction score
Hi All, Has anyone had a slow down with the current gas prices? We in Oregon are around $4.85 to $5.15 per gallon of regular..

OurTown

Reaction score
YTD we are on par with 2021. Cash SS and auto sales are down a bit, credit card auto sales are down a tiny bit and SS credit card sales are up. We raised our SS price several months ago so that plays into it. While most consumers are concerned with gas prices because they see it directly affect them they really should be concerned with diesel prices. Farm machinery, semi trucks, trains and cargo ships all use it. Jet fuel is very similar to diesel and it is up over 100% from last year so go ahead and add planes to the list. Our current administration says that if we all drove electric cars we would not feel the pinch. Yeah right. FJB.

OurTown

Reaction score
We don't have the power grid we need to charge all the electric cars. Let's tell them if they fix that first, we'll all buy electric cars.

The vast majority of electric generation comes from fossil fuels so what are we doing by promoting electric cars?

traveler17

Reaction score
$4.38 here in Southeast NC. Personally haven’t seen a reflection yet on either wash. Summers are always slow
YTD we are on par with 2021. Cash SS and auto sales are down a bit, credit card auto sales are down a tiny bit and SS credit card sales are up. We raised our SS price several months ago so that plays into it. While most consumers are concerned with gas prices because they see it directly affect them they really should be concerned with diesel prices. Farm machinery, semi trucks, trains and cargo ships all use it. Jet fuel is very similar to diesel and it is up over 100% from last year so go ahead and add planes to the list. Our current administration says that if we all drove electric cars we would not feel the pinch. Yeah right. FJB.
Hope these people are happy w there vote

OurTown

Reaction score
Today here gas went up to $4.79 and diesel $5.59.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Here in SW Indiana, as I was filling yesterday they raised it from $4.49 to $4.64. The lady said they were instructed to raise it another 15 cents today.

MudMoney

Reaction score
Im down 40 % last 2 months, our town sits between 2 Indian reservations 60 miles apart ,NA are an economic driver for this town and they are not driving. They stop @ the mcdonalds next to my wash then stop here. Gas is $ 4.50 today, when it was @ $ 4.00 thats when the traffic slowed down.DJB

SoakZone

Reaction score
It's $2/litre up here in Saskatchewan. 4 liters in a gallon... Yeah that's $8/Gallon. Tell me again why not building a pipeline and our own refineries is a good idea.

Randy

Reaction score
We are down about 20% in the last 30 days now that Gas is around $5.49 a gallon and diesel is at $5.99 a gallon.

This is kind of interesting

MEP001

Reaction score
Hasn't affected mine yet. Just about everyone is charging $4.49 and up as of last night. My customers are buying big SUVs right now because they're dropping in price while the upper-middle class is buying hybrids and Teslas.

Kar B Kleen

Reaction score
Definitely seeing the Teslas. Took a ride in a new one from a customer the other day, OMG. Major G's.

edredtop

Reaction score
Definitely seeing the Teslas. Took a ride in a new one from a customer the other day, OMG. Major G's.
So much fun!
I purchased a Model Y, 8.3 kWh solar system, and two battery walls from Tesla last year.
I absolutely love it.
No more Costco gas lines, my "gas station" is on the roof.
No oil changes, no smog tests, just drive. Long trips take about 35 min to recharge which coincides with restroom visits and the need to stretch the legs out.
The solar system generates home and vehicle needs, not dependent on the utility company.

traveler17

Reaction score
So much fun!
I purchased a Model Y, 8.3 kWh solar system, and two battery walls from Tesla last year.
I absolutely love it.
No more Costco gas lines, my "gas station" is on the roof.
No oil changes, no smog tests, just drive. Long trips take about 35 min to recharge which coincides with restroom visits and the need to stretch the legs out.
The solar system generates home and vehicle needs, not dependent on the utility company.
I had a customer tell me his buddy had to replace batteries. Cost 20k. Lol. What’s the difference between high gas over a few years and get hit with a 20 k bill?

washnshine

Reaction score
What’s the difference between high gas over a few years and get hit with a 20 k bill?
For as long as this lasts, most people will make adjustments to accommodate the extra $20-$30 or whatever to fill a tank. Cut back a little here, drive a little less, forget that meal out, whatever. I am guessing those same people (almost everyone) however, is not set up to take a $20k surprise hit to keep their car on the road. And we’ve had plenty of years where gas was reasonable - and hopefully will again sometime.