What's new

garage door openers

Don Sexstone

Reaction score
I have just installed a touchless wash and now my lift master door opener is giving me fits. I was hoping to make it thru the winter but didn't happen. with that said what is everyone using for there openers ( I have two non insulated doors) all I see are the air operators was curious if there are some sort of waterproof electric ones out there ? I appreciate everyones help

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I installed a Liftmaster jackshaft-style operator in my IBA. It's coupled to the main shaft and sits in my tool room where it's dry.

I'm tearing it out in a month or so to install vinyl doors with electric operators.

Don Sexstone

Reaction score
I installed a Liftmaster jackshaft-style operator in my IBA. It's coupled to the main shaft and sits in my tool room where it's dry.

I'm tearing it out in a month or so to install vinyl doors with electric operators.
good idea moving the opener to a different room solves a lot of roblems

soapy

Reaction score
I like the direct jack shaft operators. After 25 years and 7 IBAs they have offered by far the least amount of problems.

Don Sexstone

Reaction score
I like the direct jack shaft operators. After 25 years and 7 IBAs they have offered by far the least amount of problems.
What kind are you using ... I would rather stay with electric than going to air

soapy

Reaction score
They are liftmaster. They used to be called EGJ openers. They are referred to as european style and are electric.

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
They are liftmaster. They used to be called EGJ openers. They are referred to as european style and are electric.
Since those are discontinued, what is your plan moving forward? We have just removed several egj units that died from being blasted by undercarriage for years. They held up very well considering the environment. We have put in shaft extensions through to equipment room on locations that work that way, but not all do.

Don Sexstone

Reaction score
What type do you use for the car wash environment? I can’t seem to find them

Don Sexstone

Reaction score
I ordered a carwash opener from liftmaster a week ago now they are telling me they are waiting for parts and don’t know how long it will take

soapy

Reaction score
I have had 2 doors driven through or backed into in the last couple of weeks. New panels are out at least 3 months they told me. We patched them up enough to last until we can get new panels.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
FWIW ... since this is the "in bay automatic" part of the forum ... what is the maximum size of overhead doors are you all referring to? It seems like larger door openings with their accompanying larger overhead doors are tougher to maintain ... including more potential ice forming on their surfaces.

xcite

Reaction score
Supralift II at carwashdoors.com is what I put in love them so far.

xcite

Reaction score
I actually have 12 x 14 insulated doors opening them only 8'. Open much faster than the liftmaster openers I had before.
Hopefully they will be much less maintenance also.

xcite

Reaction score
I installed them myself, but I do all my own wiring and plumbing, been doing that type of work for years.
Overall pretty straight forward mechanically, electrically you still need to know what you are doing to tie it into your automatic systems.
Simple to adjust springs need to be set correctly in my case so doors opened and closed at about the same rate.