What's new

G5 HP Nozzle alternative??

washallday

Reaction score
I just checked the price for new High Pressure nozzles for my G5 and they are $166.00 each and I need 13 of them. Does anyone know of a cheaper nozzle to use on my G5 that price is way to much.

washallday

Reaction score
Am i the only one that owns a G5 that is having the problem with the nozzles costing to much??? Can you at least tell me this how often should you or do you or have you replaced the HP nozzles. No one has any comment or help???

pcb

Leprechaun Car Wash
Reaction score
I don't have a G5 but I believe they use the rotating zero degree nozzles. Last ones I bought from Kleen-Rite were roughly $75 for Hydra Flex nozzles. Any rotating will do.

carwashireland

Reaction score
If they are rotating, you would do well to fix the hydraflex blast tech pro nozzles. I have hundreds of these on my washes. They work extremely well with almost no issues!

washallday

Reaction score
Do you use these on your G5? I am having a hard time finding a replacement for the HP nozzles. The G5 nozzles have a male threaded end and kleen rite nozzles have female ends.

carwashireland

Reaction score
Try going straight to Hydraflex. See www.hydraflexinc.com you can get an adaptor to suit. The only thing to check is if the soap comes out the same nozzles as the H.P. If it does you need v jet nozzles and not rotating. (The soap will not dispense evenly out the rotating nozzles!)

Sparkleclean

Reaction score
We use g-5's, watch out, the male end of the pdq ones are actually check valves in each nozzle. You can disassemble them and clean them so they spin again though if thats your problem. And you have to make sure if you replace them with anything aftermarket it has the same specs. Otherwise you will be changing pump pressures etc.... i know the g-5 uses 2 different h.p. Nozzles on the arch. Flow rates and spray patterns also need to be the same.

I wish pdq would fix the arch not reaching across the middle of the car. On taller vehicles it always seems to leave the skunk strip of soap down the center, its like the arch needs to be one more nozzle wide.

washallday

Reaction score
I agree with the arch not reaching across middle of car. I am not a big fan of the G5. All the parts are very expensive. Not an owner friendly machine to own. I found out from another owner that he gets his parts from a PDQ dealer from another state, items cost a lot less. So I called and found out the same nozzle from them is $36.00 dollars CHEAPER. That is a total of $468 SAVINGS. That is a lot of washes. Not sure why my dealer charges so much more for the same part. Has anyone else found this to be true with there PDQ dealer????

washallday

Reaction score
Thanks Sparkleclean It looks like it could cause me more headaches trying to change the nozzles then just buy their over priced over complected HP nozzles. In the future I will do a better job looking into the mark ups on parts compared to other companies and how many proprietary parts the machine has and lets not forget the cost of Labor for repairs (if you don't get soap from them they charge you more for labor and the farther away you are from there main office they charge more for the first hour)

Sparkleclean

Reaction score
Companies that wont sell replacement parts direct to the end user SUCK! If i can spend $150,000 on a new machine i should be able to buy my parts from you directly!

Sparkleclean

Reaction score
They sell a repair kit for the pdq rotating nozzles.....its more expensive then a new nozzle..... tell me that makes sense....