What's new

G&g led

ibspuds

Reaction score
Looking for any suggestions. Over the summer I install G&G LED light in all my automatic and hand bays. soon after the installation some one stole a 8' section. I replaced the section and went back and applied silicone to all the mounting clips to make it harder to remove the lights. On New Years night and again last night someone stole sections of my lights. The only way someone can get to the lights is either by ladder or standing on top of a vehicle. Any suggestions on trying to modify the mounting bracket(s) to better secure the lamps?

Jeff_L

Reaction score
If your ceiling has access from above, perhaps use a couple of U-Bolts and run them up through the ceiling with the plate and nuts up above?

btw - how do you like your G&G lights? What distributor did you buy them through?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
www.carwashcameras.com With the low prices of great dvrs and cameras; no wash should be without them. This will stop all your non-sense.
Apparently you have much different experiences than I do. My experience with cameras is that usually you just get to watch people steal your stuff. After that, you get to deal with the frustration of the police not doing anything about it.

jbaright

Reaction score
Any suggestions on trying to modify the mounting bracket(s) to better secure the lamps?
Sorry to hear about your theft issue... that's a new one. We are happy to supply alternate hangars to you, free of charge. We have some bolt-down options. Please give me a call at the number below (or email) to discuss. Thank you!

Jason Baright
G&G LED Lighting
800-285-6780 x700
jbaright@ggled.net

mac

Reaction score
IBWashing, good point. Had the same experience. At least with the cameras you can post pictures of the thief.

washnvac

Reaction score
I'll chime back in. Get good cameras that you can actually seem something clear. Then if something happens, post the pics at the wash, to all your local e-mail contacts, and on facebook, and anywhere else close by that will let you. In the past, I have always posted a $50 reward for info.

With cameras mounted in clearly seen areas, they are the best deterrent for crime. The last incident I had was in October 2014. Guy kicked my auto cashier display, cause he was a bad a$$. Then he went through my automatic, where his tag was clearly displayed on my tag camera. Yes, there is a little aggravation dealing with the po-po. But after four times going to court, I got my $750 in money orders to cover the damages. The trick is to be persistent; calling them every day if need be.

I really think if you had cameras, the light tubes would not have been taken. But of course it is the big "unknown". And then, how many incidents do you want to happen before you decide to get a system? And yes, there are still fools that see the cameras and really do not care--especially if they need drug money.

It is up to you to secure your property and valuables the best way you see fit for your budget. But I am just a huge believe in the power of deterrent with cctv.