What's new

Futura wheel bearings

Bricks

Reaction score
It looks like rain all day tomorrow and my wheel bearings are clunking like crazy. Does anyone have experience changing these? The ones in the (treadle?) This will be my first attempt. Thanks for any info!!

Bricks

Reaction score
Treadle wheel bearings?
I think so. I thought the arch that moves back and forth was called the treadle. I’m trying to learn the language. So yeah the wheel bearings. They sound awful. I hope that it’s only bearings. Thanks

MEP001

Reaction score
The treadle is where they park their tire. The whole machine is usually called the gantry. Wish I could be of more help.

Bricks

Reaction score
The treadle is where they park their tire. The whole machine is usually called the gantry. Wish I could be of more help.
Ok lol !! I’m a dum dum. Gantry wheel bearings are clunky.

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
If it's the idler wheels making noise, it's an easy bearing replacement. The bearings are standard size and are readily available at bearing supply companies. If it's the driven wheels making noise, you have a different problem.

Bricks

Reaction score
If it's the idler wheels making noise, it's an easy bearing replacement. The bearings are standard size and are readily available at bearing supply companies. If it's the driven wheels making noise, you have a different problem.
Yes they went together okay. Wouldn’t say easy, but my skill level may be a tad lower than some. It’s quiet and smooth now!

soapy

Reaction score
I would recommend for this type of bearing going to marine grade all stainless steel bearing. They are probably twice as much but last much much longer than standard bearings in this environment.