What's new

Futura stripes

Bricks

Reaction score
Hi guys! I was at my new to me wash tonight and a big black truck went through the Futura. I walked up to it because he pulled over to wipe it off.
I thought maybe I needed to bump up the dryer time some more. Nope, it had tiger stripes of grime that looked terrible. I apologized and explained to him that I was trying to to get it dialed in. He said he didn’t mind wiping the rest off.

I put it in manual and did have a clogged nozzle on one side, but both sides had these sttripes. Are there any better nozzles I can get for this dinosaur? Any ideas? I’m going to lose sleep over this.

I did notice that the tri foam seems to be shooting straight out onto the vehicles and never really running down the sides to the lower portion of the vehicles. Thanks

Flex- Wand

Reaction score
Slow your wash down slow your wobbler speed down trikke 8 your soap check your soft water not all help you during difficult cleaning times

Bricks

Reaction score
Slow your wash down slow your wobbler speed down trikke 8 your soap check your soft water not all help you during difficult cleaning times
Can I do that stuff with the touch screen or do I need to call the programmers? It makes sense to slow the travel speed down the way it’s a clean stripe then dirty stripe etc.
I don’t understand trikke 8. Can you elaborate? Thank you soooo much for the help! It’s greatly appreciated!!

Bricks

Reaction score
It's hard to make any sense of that, but he probably meant "titrate". I'm guessing he's using a "talk to text" type of app or something, but one would think you would actually look at it before posting that unintelligible mess.
You’re probably right about titrate, thanks!

MEP001

Reaction score
one would think you would actually look at it before posting that unintelligible mess.
I know a half dozen people who use either autocomplete or voice-to-text and just send whatever it pulls up. I don't get it.

Bricks

Reaction score
Replace the zero degree nozzles on the wobblers with 15 deg tips.
Do you know if kleen rite would have them? I’m learning a lot but I don’t know the thread pitch or anything and don’t want to mess it up.
I put a dryer timer in this morning. The old one was useless. Half of the seven segment displays were burned out for a looong time.
I like to see how much time I’ve got to dry my car!
Thank you very much for this info! Could you maybe provide a link for the right nozzles? Dang I’m needy

MEP001

Reaction score
If the old timer is a Dixmor, send it to them and they'll repair the display for a reasonable price.

Doesn't the machine take the flat disk spray tips?

george361

Reaction score
1502 1/8 tip should get the job done.
2502 1/8 can be mixed in if you want a wider coverage based on travel speed.

install so fan pattern is parallel to the floor

Some useful tip info for keeping flow and pressure the same as you make changes. Your goal is eliminate striping while not increasing the water used per car. You should not need to adjust pump unloader (pump pressure) when you make the change.

Bricks

Reaction score
If the old timer is a Dixmor, send it to them and they'll repair the display for a reasonable price.

Doesn't the machine take the flat disk spray tips?
It is a dixmor. I think the new one was $419. I flipped the breaker to it and changed it while someone was using the auto. I feared something would mess up, but it was good. Good to know I can send this one out though!! Thanks

Bricks

Reaction score

Some useful tip info for keeping flow and pressure the same as you make changes. Your goal is eliminate striping while not increasing the water used per car. You should not need to adjust pump unloader (pump pressure) when you make the change.

This is great information!! So to make the pattern parallel is just a matter of how tight to crank the nozzles down, right? Thanks !!

Bricks

Reaction score

I ordered new ones, Thanks!

george361

Reaction score
Yes and you don’t need to crank down on the trips when tightening. Stainless on stainless can gaul if over tightened. Moderate force with a 1/4 ratchet is sufficient.

MEP001

Reaction score
Nickel-impregnated tape will help prevent the threads galling.