What's new

Futura SSA Chemicals

Bigmatthew86

Reaction score
School me on what chemicals I should look for. My old SSA is almost ready to be put back in action. It's only setup for presoak, soap, & wax. What are some decent, easy chemicals to get us going? We're currently using kleen rite ultra concentrates on the SS side but I'm open for whatever. Prefer to just plug & play. It's been down for quite a while so I've got nothing here to go by.

Flex- Wand

Reaction score
Big Matt I'm curious,, are you getting help for Try valley ? You can try Kleen track 2 ,A an B . It is priced right . Do you have the old ssa with chain drive or the Revolution? Do you have a powder tank ? Use it if you have one . Good luck!

Bigmatthew86

Reaction score
Here are a few more. I have a retrofit kit coming for the acw4 & new nozzles. Need a new hose for the undercarriage sprayer & it should be operational. Fingers crossed.

Attachments

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
As far as chemicals. I'd likely defer to a local rep. with only one pass presoak needs to be high ph. If the product is marked corrosive it's not strong enough :)

I know nothing about those autos. Is the soap drawn/injected into high pressure? Is the wax low or high pressure?

Eugene

Old Man
Reaction score
Is this wash in SC ,if it's where I think it is that is a good market . Put in new wash to get people coming back .

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That auto looks so old! Do you think customers will use it enough? Replace / reinvest asap!

Bigmatthew86

Reaction score
It is in South Carolina. I honestly do yes. There isn’t another one in town. No doubt I can’t charge what a 150-200k machine will bring but I think it will get used. I’d love to replace it but if I can make something off this one for a while I plan to.

Randy

Reaction score
How long has this automatic been shut down? It looks to me like it's been sometime. The ACW-4 still has the OLD blue face panel that came standard on the Hamilton ACW-4's.

Bigmatthew86

Reaction score
It’s been down several years. I have the retrofit kit faceplate/cryptopay waiting to be installed. All the he equipment at this wash is the original Futura stuff. Wheels & chains have been replaced. I have all new nozzles low & high pressure that I need to install. I had the bay pressure washed now I need to put a fresh coat of paint on it. I understand it’s old believe me lol. I’m thinking somewhere around $8 or $9 for the top wash. I’ll clean the machine really well so it will present as well as an old machine can.

Randy

Reaction score
I wonder why it was down for several years? Before you install the Cryptopay system you want to make sure your controller is compatible and can be updated to work with the Cryptopay system, not all the older ACW controllers are up-gradable. You might to check the validator to see if it's been updated.

Bigmatthew86

Reaction score
Ok. What exactly am I looking for? The wash was coming off track so he just closed the doors instead of fixing it. The place was pretty neglected when we got it.

Randy

Reaction score
Ok. What exactly am I looking for? The wash was coming off track so he just closed the doors instead of fixing it. The place was pretty neglected when we got it.
You need a single line display, its the type that plugs into the main board on the controller. A version 4.23 controller would be good. If you should happen to have a 2 line display you'll have to replace the controller. To install the cryptopay display on the controller your going to have to modify the board and add a jumper, not a huge deal but something that has to be done.The validator will probably not work if it's been sitting for any length of time. If you power up the validator and it makes a grinding sound when try to put a bill into it the belts have gotten oblong and the validator needs to be serviced, the best thing you can do is install a Mars validator conversion.

Bigmatthew86

Reaction score
Here is what I have. I’m sure the validator is shot. I have about 8 or 9 here but they’ve all set. I honestly don’t care if it takes cash at all really but figured I’d go to mars validators if I could.

Attachments

Bigmatthew86

Reaction score
What should the pressure on my high pressure pump be set to? I haven’t been able to find the answer. I’m getting closer. I had it running today trying to address the issues I can find.

MEP001

Reaction score
1000 PSI. Any more and it will crack the spray disks, assuming it has that type.