What's new

Futura Speciality Equipment Stuck at Home

rick

Reaction score
I have Futura Automatic that had one drive motor lock and tossed chain. Replaced motor and unit would occasionally get stuck on home and would not move until you would push start it. I then changed the other motor so there would be even pull thinking the uneven pull was causing the problem. It works some of the time put still gets stuck at home and finally times out and shuts down machine. The only issue I can see is a small grove in rail where the drive wheel sits and has wore a small grove from wheel spinning when it takes off. This is on the gore tube side where it get hung up. Once it starts moving and as long as it does not have come back to home it works fine. The steel wheel were replaced several years ago with the plastic wheels. ANY THOUGTS?

MEP001

Reaction score
You might have to hire a good welder to build up the rail in the low spot.

rick

Reaction score
That was my next step. I just did not think that was enough of a devit to stop the thing from moving.

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
You could move the prox plate an inch forward, or even just tape a piece of flat metal to the prox plate to make the home position move forward by a bit temporarily.... If the problem goes away, it is the rail divot.

Etowah