What's new

Futura Millenium

washman9

Reaction score
our ten year old futura millenium is having a problem with getting an air lock in the hydralic system. about one a month the wobblers and gantry speed with slow to the point i have to disassemble the hydralic valve mechanism and bleed off a small amount of hydralic fluid. there is always some sputtering air that comes out as well. i reassemble, add a couple of qts of fluid and it runs fine for another month or so. also, my pressure gauge reads 1000 psi when machine is off and 2000 psi during operation. is this normal?

MikeV

Reaction score
No Washman, that is not normal. My Millennium has over 150k washes on it and has not missed a beat. I'm not sure what to tell you about your problem as it not one that I have ever encountered in my 25 plus years in working with Futuras. Your pressure gauge should read 0 (zero) when it is not running and 700-900 9Possibly 1000 psi) when it is running. You might check the relief valve as it is way over pressure at 2000 psi. This could be your problem. Might be a good idea to replace it, or find out why you have pressure when it is not running. Try loosening the relief valve when it is not running and see if you do in fact have pressure on it.

MEP001

Reaction score
If the gauge is reading 1000 psi when it's off, more than likely the gauge is bad.