What's new

Futura millenium faulting out

classic1

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone with a Futura Millenium could give me any ideas what my problem is. My machine is about 5 years old and has been a great machine. Lately it is giving me lots of trouble. I am getting an I/O fault when it is tripping out. And also have been getting drive going timeout, or no travel distance counter. My cpu is reading nf. right now it should be --. I was on the phone with a factory tech and backed up data to a compact flash card and then reset the computer. We used a cross-over cable to by-pass the e-vision module and still had the same results. The touchscreen has a green gear indicating it is working. Not sure if this problem would likely be the cpu or the touchscreen or a short or bad input card. Sorry for the plea for help but these problems are wreaking the reputation of my auto being a good wash. Thanks for any help.
Jeff

Reaction score
I would think its got to do with the prox sensor that counts the flags that are attached to the wheel. Either the sensor is not picking up each flag or the sensor has gone bad. Make sure the sensor is close enough to pickup the flags if it is too far away it will err drive runout or drive timeout, also make sure all the flags are on the wheel; a beer can or piece of junk could of broken off one of your flags or bent the sensor up. Good Luck

classic1

Reaction score
I replaced the prox switch and cable already and checked that the switch is set and picking up the flags correctly. I did this when it started giving me intermitent problems. Thanks for the help not sure where I should look next.
Jeff

MikeV

Reaction score
Usually when you get the nf. instead of the --. it means that you are not getting communication between the controller and the modem. Have you checked the modem? Also, have you changed any modules recently? If you have then there is a possibility that the modules are not properly connected, or that they are loose. Try squeezing the modules together to see if that makes a difference.

classic1

Reaction score
Thanks Mike - I think we got the problem taken care of. The factory guys came out and replaced the cpu and found a selenoid for a water valve shorting out in the bay. Thanks alot for the advice. Jeff

Etowah