What's new

Futura Computer problems?

Etowah

rick

Reaction score
I have Futura IBA that shows car wash busy on Auto cashier. When I manually turn on the cycle inhibit on the uniop I can wash one car and then it goes back to Car wash busy and I have to manually turn the inhibit back on. The machine had been down a few days for repairs and ended up having to replace the PLC cpu and reprogram the wash cycles. I don't know if I missed something in this setup. Not sure how the cyle inhibit works on these machines. Any thoughts?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Did you have the option to invert signal when you programmed it? You may try switching the active/passive switch in the ACW as well.. I don't have any real knowledge of your machine, just spitballing, but these are easy to try.

rick

Reaction score
The switch is set to active which should energize the cycle inhibit relay all the time and de-energize when car exist. The machine first showed out of service and Hamilton told me to switch to passive which brought back all the functions but wash is not built to run in this mode. Switched back but still need to manually override the cycle inhibit from the uniop. Seems like after a car is washed the controller does not know a car has exited meaning no signal is being sent to the controller from inside. From reading it has to interrupt this voltage to reset. I cannot figure out what triggers the car existing.

JGinther

Zip-tie engineer
Reaction score
Did you program "end of wash" at the end of each wash program? Next, did you have to rewire the machine to replace the plc? If so, maybe the cashiers cycle wiring is wired to the wrong output; although it doesnt sound like thats the problem.... Last, I think there is a setting in one of the menus somewhere where you can choose the "type" of autocashier: unitec or hamilton. Switching the type makes the cycle switch operate differently....

rick

Reaction score
There is no place to program end of wash at least not from the uniop. No rewiring plug and play. The manual does say there is a menu for cahier type but software in uniop does not have this. Anyway back down this am to try and solve

WikiWash

Reaction score
You may want to contact the guys over at Tri Valley Equipment and ask for Jeff or Chet 800 323-8915. They are also located in Ohio too.

rick

Reaction score
Got it , Program was buried in UNIOP not were it was supposed to be. Anyway changed program to reflect correct ACW and good to go

sundog78

Reaction score
Rick,
I am having the same problem with my Uniop after replacing the Plc. I also have a Hamilton acw goldline changer. I went into the program wash in use set up and programed it for acw-4, but doesn't seem to work. I noticed on my outputs that the cycle inhibit output is on and I can't manually turn it off. Do you have any ideas after fixing yours?

rick

Reaction score
Rick,
I am having the same problem with my Uniop after replacing the Plc. I also have a Hamilton acw goldline changer. I went into the program wash in use set up and programed it for acw-4, but doesn't seem to work. I noticed on my outputs that the cycle inhibit output is on and I can't manually turn it off. Do you have any ideas after fixing yours?
Not sure if Goldline is configured the same, my guess it is not. Do you not have option for Goldline when you pick the ACW type?
Not sure of series sequence but the ACW-4 is an older version, you may try picking the latest version if Goldline is not in menu

sundog78

Reaction score
Not sure if Goldline is configured the same, my guess it is not. Do you not have option for Goldline when you pick the ACW type?
Not sure of series sequence but the ACW-4 is an older version, you may try picking the latest version if Goldline is not in menu
Ok, I got it to work! I have a ACW4 Goldline but I had to operate under ACW3. Thanks for you input. Ron