What's new

Futura Car wash

Dognet

Reaction score
I have a 2006 Futura car wash that I purchased 2 years ago. It has been fine until recently and I am stumped: Does two presoak passes then high pressure kicks on and it may move 2-5 feet then it shuts completely off. Touch screen restarts then it gives I/O fault on alarm history, but when you look at the audit numbers that wash is not there. Any thoughts? Anyone know anyone in Arkansas who could work on it?

MikeV

Reaction score
Hi Dognet, I am in Houston, but travel all over as it seems I am the only one left that still works on Futura systems. I could come to Arkansas to help you with your Futura. In the meantime, it looks like you have a solenoid valve shorting out. Could be the "soap" solenoid that comes on during the "wash" pass, or the "drive forward" solenoid, but probably not as it does the 2 presoak passes. Might just be a loose connection at the NIU or a bad module.
Call me if you want.713-594-9468

Dean Taylor

Dean Taylor, CATEC.com
Reaction score
Dognet, Mike V is highly recommended for Futura service. He's been involved with them for many years and knows a lot about them.

Interestingly enough, I'm in Colorado doing a start-up for a reclaim system on Futura equipment. (4 & 1)

Dognet

Reaction score
Hi Dognet, I am in Houston, but travel all over as it seems I am the only one left that still works on Futura systems. I could come to Arkansas to help you with your Futura. In the meantime, it looks like you have a solenoid valve shorting out. Could be the "soap" solenoid that comes on during the "wash" pass, or the "drive forward" solenoid, but probably not as it does the 2 presoak passes. Might just be a loose connection at the NIU or a bad module.
Call me if you want.713-594-9468
Thanks I will be callin.

MikeV

Reaction score
It was a pleasure visiting with you and getting your Futura machine running again. Sempre Fi

Reaction score
Would you be able to describe what you found is the problem. I have a similar issue where after the high pressure wash or rinse ends the pass it will short out something and reboots the touch screen. I would guess its a solenoid somewhere but not sure which one.

Thanks
John

Dognet

Reaction score
Going to bet it's your drive forward solenoid. A way to check is swap the connections on forward and back solenoid and the error should occur at the opposite end of the wash. If you need more help let me know an I will try to talk you thru it. Wish mike v was around to help. He was a good man that I was lucky to meet.

Reaction score
Thanks for the response. When the High pressure wash ends for each type of wash it has already done the passes for the presoak and soap and depending on the wash programming could be at either end of the wash and the error has happened at both ends of the wash. Will take a look into the drive forward solenoid.