What's new

Function wire color code

Reaction score
Brief thread, but I've seen it asked several times without solid answers. I searched the internet looking for a standard color code for bay meter, pump stand, rotary switch wiring color code. All I found was this on kleen-ritecorp.com. Unless someone has another I am going to use this color code for my wash. Hope this helps someone out there.

Attachments

sparkey

Reaction score
I doubt there is an industry standard other than hot, neutral, and ground. I imagine every manufacture is different as to the color of the wire vs the function they control.

New Washdog

Reaction score
If you are wiring from scratch, this will be fine. If you're trying to use it to troubleshoot it is likely going to cause more trouble in solving issues.

Reaction score
Rewiring pump stand and installing new boxes. I'm just hoping there's a push for standardized wiring color code some day. Quick note 18pk of color coded paint pins work great, takes brake clean to wash off. Dollar store nail polish is my backup. Easily mark every wire. :)

sparkey

Reaction score
Rewiring pump stand and installing new boxes. I'm just hoping there's a push for standardized wiring color code some day. Quick note 18pk of color coded paint pins work great, takes brake clean to wash off. Dollar store nail polish is my backup. Easily mark every wire. :)
I don't know why they don't tag their wires with actual wire numbers like everyone else in the controls industry does.

Reaction score
I don't know why they don't tag their wires with actual wire numbers like everyone else in the controls industry does.
Interesting the faceplate i got dose. Im not sure how one would do it in the field tho.