What's new

FRP question.

Martins

Reaction score
Hey Everyone, again haha

Looking to add frp to my ss bays, as i spent a TON of money having my wash painted and the paint in the bays hasn't lasted... 6 months, and now looks like it did before i started. "abandoned" so im going with pebble frp however my question is, Drill holes in it and put it up what way or go with liquid nail and stick it to the wall for quick and easy?

For those that say drill the hole so you can replace panels as needed, my question is how often have you had to do this, and have you been able to line your new holes up with your already drilled holes?

Liquid nail people, has it been terrible replacing your panels, or just annoying getting the nail off the brick?

Thanks all!

washnvac

Reaction score
All my locations are drilled with the plastic rivits. The holes are 1/16" larger than the rivet, to allow for movement with the varying temperatures and moisture. I would think if you glued them, they may buckle with the extreme temp swings.

Oldest location is 22 years, and I have never had to replace any.

Martins

Reaction score
All my locations are drilled with the plastic rivits. The holes are 1/16" larger than the rivet, to allow for movement with the varying temperatures and moisture. I would think if you glued them, they may buckle with the extreme temp swings.

Oldest location is 22 years, and I have never had to replace any.

thank you! out of curiosity did you use anything to seal them to prevent any water or mildew build up behind them? my thought was with the glue it would prevent water from draining behind them and causing mold/rot etc.

Dan-Ark

Reaction score
Replaced 4 bays of FRP last summer with rivets, wish I had read about the bigger holes sooner! we had a little mildew behind the old panels but they were against brick so no damage, just washed the walls before we put the new panels on. have had some come loose already, mostly where the rivits ended up in mortar. the mortar is betting soft in this old wash. but I think it may have been from the panels changing size with temps as washinvac mentioned. I thought I would try to put the old panel over the new and drill holes in same place, but we had quite a few metal rivets and decided it was easier to grind the heads flat and put the new rivets in new holes since we were covering it all up anyway. Already stained and getting ugly, still better than the 20 year old ones we took off!

Etowah