What's new

Frozen Texas Washes

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
With most of car wash de-icer systems using natural gas ... I would think the toughest problem could be no natural gas. With proper drip legs on gas piping ... it supposedly should never happen. Any operator thought he was covered with the minor electricity (controls, pump-glycol etc) needed provided from a backup generator only to see the needed flow of natural gas was not there???

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
A Hydrospray (Mosmatic) Z boom that is for the foam brush in our truck bay came partially apart when the motor on our Trane Unit hanging glycol heater in the bay went out & we did not get that specific foaming brush line blew out in time. Anybody else have after effects to center boom(s) from the being caught off guard (3wks of ND way below zero F°) with a frozen line??? BTW we found out the contractor had originally installed the unit without any way for the motor to be replaced without extensive piping & a draining process! ... OUCH. Our plan is to modify the back cage to hopefully solve it that way ... a before next winter project since Feb is almost over along with higher record lows!

Ideally items are always installed with future maintenance in mind. Where were my planning & supervision skills back in 1991 BEFORE THE CONTRACTIONG CREW WAS TURNED LOOSE. Kind of a case of paying for past sins? 🤔

Last edited:

washnshine

Reaction score
If I weren’t in the opposite corner of the country, I’d give any of you in need a hand getting things back together. It can happen to any of us at any time. Hope you are all back up and running soon.

water guy

Reaction score
I'll tell yall one thing that was quite a sh!t show we went through in Texas .I have the utmost respect for any owner operator up north.It was quite a learning experience. But By The Grace of God we made it through it with minimal damage. Thanks Ercot