What's new

Frontage Signage Question

fastlx

Reaction score
My wash is on a very busy main road in my town ( beside a McDonalds) and in front of a major grocery store. My renter does emissions in one of the bays and has been asking me to install a nice lighted sign out on the main road for the wash and emissions. ( I would be able to raise his rent $100 per month) and with a 5 year lease he would be paying 6k more, but I haven't raised his rent in 5 years. The wash has been here about 19 years with no real sign.

Just wondering if the 5-7K investment is worth it?

Do most operators have a nice lighted sign on the main road?

Thanks

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
1628116055592.png This is my sign. It's lit by one l.e.d. light on each side,pointing up from the ground. The lights cycle through different colors to make it interesting. I used a font called 'clear view', which is what they use for the highway signs. Your sign is important. Make the name small and the words 'car wash' large.

fastlx

Reaction score
Thanks.. What did it cost? Can you PM me a picture so I can see it better?

MC3033

Reaction score
For the renter the value is likely huge. I doubt most commuters will know that emissions is there

For the wash I would say generally, yes it is absolutely worth it. However, if is has strong visibility, clearly looks like a car wash to consumers and the area has mostly local traffic it may not be worth it considering how long it has been present

Randy

Reaction score
Most of the car washes here don't have a signage. I can think of 4 off the top of my head. We have signs at all of our car washes. We spent a lot more than 7K on signage. The LED sign we just put in was around 40K

fastlx

Reaction score
Randy do you have a picture you can PM me of the sign?

Randy

Reaction score
Randy do you have a picture you can PM me of the sign?
I'll try to remember to get one next time I'm out that way. LED signs aren't cheap.

Kramerwv

Reaction score
My wash is on a very busy main road in my town ( beside a McDonalds) and in front of a major grocery store. My renter does emissions in one of the bays and has been asking me to install a nice lighted sign out on the main road for the wash and emissions. ( I would be able to raise his rent $100 per month) and with a 5 year lease he would be paying 6k more, but I haven't raised his rent in 5 years. The wash has been here about 19 years with no real sign.

Thanks
$100 per month return on that small investment is a no brainer unless you think he skips out soon. Plus it still benefits the wash even if he does vacate before paying for the whole thing.

fastlx

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Trying to find another sign company has been a nightmare. I just have one quote and the other companies I have called never show up to give me a quote!!? I'm just trying to see if this is a decent price to pay for a lighted

JosephLHall87

Reaction score
We have LED signage. It's about 7 years old and still working well. The serial to Ethernet converter was damaged over a few weeks ago, but I got a similar one from Amazon for $50 and it works fine again. Normally we go to the sign company or contact them to reach to our shop if we want any updation on it. I don't remember the actual price for the sign installation, but it's economical up to me.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score

Thanks
If you do put up a sign, try to design it so that if your renter vacates and something different goes in there you can change out just that portion of the sign rather than replacing the entire sign face.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
A businessman once said if he had no sign he would need 2 employees. One in case a customer came in and the other to catch the first one who would pass out from shock if a customer came in.