What's new

Free Vac Token Dispenser

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Mep is right, you could do with a PLC, PIE or UNO all you née is an initial signal to trigger or activate.
I would be in the camp above ... knowing that the circuit & firmware would be simple enough. For some it might be a good fit especially if they had a way of getting the right sized stainless cabinet & hopper parts if needed for little money used ... discarded or whatever. The needed voltages would need to be resolved possibly with a low cost but reliable DC relay within the circuit.

From a standpoint of healthy competition ... it could make sense. It would require a bit more manpower than than the $2400 turnkey solution.

OurTown

Reaction score
This is probably a better question for Unitec but wanted to know if anyone is doing this. We are buying a Sentinel and will get the vac token option but would like an option on the touch screen for the people that don't want the token. I think it just vends it automatically. Is anyone doing this on their Sentinel or Portal?

DAWGWASH

Reaction score
Is anyone dispensing a free Vac Token using the Carolina Pride token dispenser?

This is the only unit I have been able to find that makes the customer push a button in order to get there free Vac Token. Would love to hear from anyone that is using it or has used it and any pro and cons of giving a free Vac Token.

In process of doing a remodel with new Auto and want to offer the free Vac token to any auto wash purchase, just trying to see if this works ok with an unattended wash.

I will attach a pic of the token dispenser.
Carwash marketing system has one I am getting ready to install just depends on what type of PlayStation you you have.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Greg it’s been a while but do you have any feedback On your buddy that installed this token dispenser

View attachment 5549
It's worked for him. I ran the location for him for a Year or so and they would occasionally jam but that was about it. He just recently installed two more at another location and hooked up to a three column laurel vendor. All auto customers get a vac token but the top wash ($20)gets a vending packet in addition to the vac token. The packet includes a microfiber, wet towel, and two branded air fresheners. I've got a friend that says he can build one for half the cost of the MSi unit with a PLC but sourcing the small hoppers have been difficult.

traveler17

Reaction score
It's worked for him. I ran the location for him for a Year or so and they would occasionally jam but that was about it. He just recently installed two more at another location and hooked up to a three column laurel vendor. All auto customers get a vac token but the top wash ($20)gets a vending packet in addition to the vac token. The packet includes a microfiber, wet towel, and two branded air fresheners. I've got a friend that says he can build one for half the cost of the MSi unit with a PLC but sourcing the small hoppers have been difficult.
Appreciate the feedback, I’m definitely going to dispense tokens and leaning towards the MSI. Thanks again

traveler17

Reaction score
Also meant to ask if you found the size of the token matters at all, hang ups etc..

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I believe they were .984 tokens. I had a couple of jams and they were a little pain to clear but I ended up slightly tilting the WSII hopper forward and that seem to fix it. IIRC you have to have the coin chute that the coins roll down, not slide down

MEP001

Reaction score
They're auto-generated links to Hoffman Mint because they're a forum advertiser.