What's new

Free Vac Token Dispenser

wash12

Reaction score
Is anyone dispensing a free Vac Token using the Carolina Pride token dispenser?

This is the only unit I have been able to find that makes the customer push a button in order to get there free Vac Token. Would love to hear from anyone that is using it or has used it and any pro and cons of giving a free Vac Token.

In process of doing a remodel with new Auto and want to offer the free Vac token to any auto wash purchase, just trying to see if this works ok with an unattended wash.

I will attach a pic of the token dispenser.

Attachments

soapy

Reaction score
I have both hamilton and American changer token dispensers. I wish I had the Carolina pride version that requires the button to be pushed. The hopper is a little small compared to the others but I think the Carolina pride token teller will pay for itself in tokens alone. I could not get either of my token teller companies to give a ---- about making it use a button. I use mine on auto cahsiers.

wash12

Reaction score
I have both hamilton and American changer token dispensers. I wish I had the Carolina pride version that requires the button to be pushed. The hopper is a little small compared to the others but I think the Carolina pride token teller will pay for itself in tokens alone. I could not get either of my token teller companies to give a ---- about making it use a button. I use mine on auto cahsiers.
What size tokens are you using? Do they ever get mixed with your quarter only acceptors, I am worried my slug buster II might accept my tokens as quarters as it does this with $1 coins sometimes.

soapy

Reaction score
I use .984. The token should have a different electronic signature than a quarter and it has not been a problem for me.

MEP001

Reaction score
What size tokens are you using? Do they ever get mixed with your quarter only acceptors, I am worried my slug buster II might accept my tokens as quarters as it does this with $1 coins sometimes.
It can distinguish tokens from quarters with no problem. The Slugbuster II will take a dollar coin and credit as a quarter, and there's nothing they can (or will) do about it. I had to make the opening smaller so dollar coins wouldn't fit. I'm not ready to upgrade 18 coin acceptors the Slugbuster III just to take dollar coins that no one can get here.

MEP001

Reaction score
I still think this can be solved easily with a PLC and an added button. The PLC could "catch" the pulse(s) to the token vendor and would either time out or reset once the auto starts. There should already be a pulse circuit to the cashier when the wash starts that you could tap into, hardest part would be drilling a hole for the button.

wash12

Reaction score
It can distinguish tokens from quarters with no problem. The Slugbuster II will take a dollar coin and credit as a quarter, and there's nothing they can (or will) do about it. I had to make the opening smaller so dollar coins wouldn't fit. I'm not ready to upgrade 18 coin acceptors the Slugbuster III just to take dollar coins that no one can get here.
I am confused how it will know a quarter from a token but not a dollar coin from a quarter, being a quarter and dollar coin are pretty different in size and some of these .984 tokens are super close to the size of a quarter. Does a slugbuster II read the metal content I thought it only went off size?

MEP001

Reaction score
It goes off metal content, but it can distinguish two tokens of the same content but different size. I don't know why it can't tell a dollar coin from a quarter, but it's been a problem with them for at least the last 20 years.

br549ms

Reaction score
Mep is right, you could do with a PLC, PIE or UNO all you née is an initial signal to trigger or activate.

Reaction score
I installed the CP token dispenser as it was the only one that required a button push for the token. If I had to guess it would be roughly 30% of the people do not want the token. I have been pleased with it. Only issue I have really is the size of the hopper holds around 400 tokens, but that nit picking.

soapy

Reaction score
They usually have a car wash show special. I think I only paid $1200 for my American token vendors.

wash12

Reaction score
I installed the CP token dispenser as it was the only one that required a button push for the token. If I had to guess it would be roughly 30% of the people do not want the token. I have been pleased with it. Only issue I have really is the size of the hopper holds around 400 tokens, but that nit picking.
What paystation do you have it connected to and do you offer free on every wash? Also what size/kind of tokens are you dispensing?

Reaction score
What paystation do you have it connected to and do you offer free on every wash? Also what size/kind of tokens are you dispensing?
We have it connected to the Unitech Wash Select 2. The directions were accurate and it went together fairly quickly. We offer to dispense a token for every automatic wash and I believe its configurable to not offer a token for a specific wash and more than 1 token for a specific wash. We dispense a Vanbrooken token that is slightly larger that a dollar coin. The token dispenser is built to order and the asked for a about 50 tokens to ensure that it dispensed correctly prior to shipping. Never had any problems with it.

Kolbyskarwash

Reaction score
Is anyone dispensing a free Vac Token using the Carolina Pride token dispenser?

This is the only unit I have been able to find that makes the customer push a button in order to get there free Vac Token. Would love to hear from anyone that is using it or has used it and any pro and cons of giving a free Vac Token.

In process of doing a remodel with new Auto and want to offer the free Vac token to any auto wash purchase, just trying to see if this works ok with an unattended wash.

I will attach a pic of the token dispenser.
Can you email me the picture I cannot get it to load for some reason?