What's new

Frame for Razor: Painted or Stainless?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The painted frame for a new Razor machine is about $4k. Stainless is more than double the price. What would you do on a new install?

Do you have either type of frame and how has it held up?

To clarify, I'm talking about the floor stand that the bridge rolls back and forth on. I can't use wall mounted rails in my bay.

Thanks

MEP001

Reaction score
After dealing with a mistake where steel rails were used instead of stainless, I'd definitely opt for the expensive ones.

Is this frame exposed where you could clean it up and repaint it if you need to? Is it only structural in that the machine doesn't travel on part of it? If either of these answers are no, I'd still opt for stainless. Steel is going to rust in a bay, there's no way around it.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Since this will be a touchless environment, harsher chemicals will be used. I think that down the road, you would regret not getting every stainless option possible. Cough up the extra 4K.

Randy

Reaction score
Stainless steel is the only way to go. The car wash environment isn't the place for painted steel unless you want to repaint it often.

STXCW

Reaction score
Being that even stainless rusts on these cheap metals we get these days...I would stay away from painted steel. Heck we have galvanized steel from 20 years ago that still looks new and galvanized that was just installed 3-4 years ago already rusting.