What's new

Fragrance pick up tubing issues

OurTown

Reaction score
What type of pick up tubing are you guys using in your fragrance machines/combo vacs? The standard vinyl gets stiff and brittle after a few months making it difficult to pull the jugs out to add fragrance. I switched them to Tygon 2375 and within a week or so I noticed it is majorly bloated looking. Without the zip ties it would have slipped off the pump output in a few days. I'm using the green label fragrance from Car Wash Superstore but also having the same issue with JBS Samurai Shield.

OurTown

Reaction score
Found the tubing in this condition yesterday.

Tygon 1.jpg

MEP001

Reaction score
That's just PVC tubing someone got at a hardware store, not what Fragramatics uses. The original stuff does harden over time, but it does last.

OurTown

Reaction score
That's just PVC tubing someone got at a hardware store, not what Fragramatics uses. The original stuff does harden over time, but it does last.

Nope. Like I said in my first post that is Tygon 2375 "ultra chemical resistant tubing". I just looked at my maintenance log and that tubing is two months old. What does Fragramatics use? It should be printed on the tubing.

MEP001

Reaction score
I don't know, I'll look at mine and see if there's any markings.

celica

Reaction score
The problem isn't the tubing, it's the product. I had the same problem when using the Kleen-rite house brand. It made the tubing as brittle as a potato chip. It is using a strong solvent instead of true oil base. After i changed to the magic mist oil, the lines went back to their normal flexible state. If you use the fragamatic or magic mist you won't have the brittle lines problem.

OurTown

Reaction score
I'm sure it's the product causing this but the tubing is definitely not brittle. The regular vinyl tubing turns brittle but this is getting extremely soft and bloating. It's almost mush.

OurTown

Reaction score
Since all I had 9 days ago was the Tygon I changed it out. Here it is today. I went to the hardware store and got the cheap stuff until I can figure it all out. The tubing was so mushy and slimy and is what I would imagine wet chopped up gummy bears are like.

Tygon 4.jpg Tygon 5.jpg

MEP001

Reaction score
I still haven't looked at mine, but I can tell you for sure it's the original tubing. It's stiff as hell, but I had to replace the containers a few months back and heating it up let it bend where I needed it. It stiffened right back up once it cooled off.

OurTown

Reaction score
Rob at National Automotive Chemical recommended Superthane Ether tubing.