What's new

Fragrance or shampoo combo vac

soonermajic

Reaction score
If you were putting in a combo, in a low economic area, would you choose fragrance or shampoo combo & why?

slash007

Reaction score
I would put in a shampoo as it has higher demand. People are more likely to clean up a mess since it kind of has to be done then to use fragrance which is an added bonus.

lag

Reaction score
We have a couple shampoo vac combos. One is A Jim Coleman unit, other is a fragamatic. Both brand new. PM if interested

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Where is it going to be placed? If it is at the bay entrance, definitely don't do a shampoo/vac. Sometimes people can spend an enormous amount of time removing/replacing things in their car, doing a complete interior detail and whatnot, not necessarily spending a ton of money in the machine.

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Where is it going to be placed? If it is at the bay entrance, definitely don't do a shampoo/vac. Sometimes people can spend an enormous amount of time removing/replacing things in their car, doing a complete interior detail and whatnot, not necessarily spending a ton of money in the machine.
That's been my observations. I have 3 combo shampoo vacs. 2 between the exits of my SS and Autos, and one by itself on the way out, and people spend an ungodly amount of time there, most times not necessarily putting money into my machines.

My fragrance vacs on the entrance to my SS make the most.

L

loewem

That's been my observations. I have 3 combo shampoo vacs. 2 between the exits of my SS and Autos, and one by itself on the way out, and people spend an ungodly amount of time there, most times not necessarily putting money into my machines.

My fragrance vacs on the entrance to my SS make the most.
This sounds like my wash. Two fragrance vacs at the entrance to my wash are my biggest earners out of my eight vacs. One vac/shampoo machine that is okay, but brings in very little compared to the fragrance machines.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Are you guys Fragrance vacs in lower income areas? That is the question...lol

L

loewem

My area is diverse. I'd say that 30 to 40% of my customers are low income earners.

HCW

Reaction score
We are in somewhat a low income town. Shampoo and fragrance combo both do ok. But shampoo requires more cleaning. If I get to pick one, I'd go with fragrance combo.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
We are in somewhat a low income town. Shampoo and fragrance combo both do ok. But shampoo requires more cleaning. If I get to pick one, I'd go with fragrance combo.
Cleaning ... How. The machine or area around the machine.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
FWIW when I got some combo SNVAC machines and had soem stand alone fragrance machines I hung the fragrance machine on the side of the SNVAC so I had doth fragarance and shampoo and vac at same place.

HCW

Reaction score
Cleaning ... How. The machine or area around the machine.
Maybe since Fragrance/vacuum customers intentions to maintain their apparatus when most shampoo/vacuum customers usually clean after an unexpected spill/mess!? Don't know why but most times liquids dripping from lower door and a mess around this island.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Don't know why but most times liquids dripping from lower door and a mess around this island.
I think having a plastic tub inside the vac minimizes this. Had cops call me once to see my videos. Apparently someone shot a person in the back of their car and used my shampoo vac to clean the mess. I guess that qualifies for unexpected mess.

washme1

Reaction score
I'd put in the fragrance vac. The residents like to use the fragrance to cover the smell of illegal substances. I have two combos, one frag and one shampoo. They both do well. I can't really qualify the small difference in revenue because the vac island locations affect usage more than the secondary functions offered.