What's new

fragramatics vs ginsan combo vacs

kempape

Reaction score
Anyone have any thoughts regarding overall satisfaction level of these units? I am about to buy 2 vacs (a shampoo and a fragrence unit ) and have had good luck with fragramatics but can get a better price on the ginsan units . thnx!

pgrzes

Reaction score
I fell the Coleman are hands down better then Fragramatics. Especially "WHEN" a timer goes!! Can't comment on Ginsans.

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
I fell the Coleman are hands down better then Fragramatics. Especially "WHEN" a timer goes!! Can't comment on Ginsans.
My opinion is exactly opposite. Coleman timers are a PITA. Fragramatics timers are regular old IDX timers that I happen to use in all my bays so I always have plenty of spare parts.

I don't know anything about Ginsans either.

My main complaint on the Fragramatics units is that working on the vac motors is like working in a hole - the are not that easy to get to.

pgrzes

Reaction score
I have had a Coleman Shampoo vac for over 8 years, have only had to replace timer once, maybe they are not the best but I have a bunch of spares. I have only put 2 motors in the vac in 8 years and seldom does it eat brushes. I had a Fragramatics vac for 3 1/2 years brushes lasted 6 months, motors maybe a year, and when a timer went replacement was around $600, was told had to use only their timer. I dont know if they have changed anything I think mine was an older vac that were outsourced, and yeah they sucked to work on the tops, oh yeah and the coindrops are a pita!! The only - on my colemans are the hoses they use for frag. and shampooers. the guns and heads are the bomb, all stainless and last forever!!

vinh

Reaction score
I agree that Coleman Combo Vacuum are better than Fragramatics. Coleman Vac are easy to troubleshoot and timer are easy to send in for repair (to B & C electronics for $100 instead of IDX for much more).

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
Don't limit your options... there are other options you might consider.
Aren't the Fragramatics Combos basically Mike Doyle's (IVS) original design?
And, aren't the current Ginsan/IVS combos Mike Doyle's 2nd generation design...with Ginsan timers?

If so, the IVS design, quality of assembly, reliability is hard to beat.