What's new

Fragramatics Visual

Flamingo

Reaction score
I saw a post a long time ago on here about using mineral oil and food color to refill the display. I know water and oil does not mix/does anyone know how to color mineral oil?The food color I have is water base and only forms the cool little balls of color.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I saw a post a long time ago on here about using mineral oil and food color to refill the display. I know water and oil does not mix/does anyone know how to color mineral oil?The food color I have is water base and only forms the cool little balls of color.
Went the better route. Got rid of the oil and bubblers and now use chasingrope lights in all my displays. Cheaper, simpler, less cold weather and other troubles than replaing air pumps every year and adding fluid and changing flourescent bulbs.

captain cw

Reaction score
I converted mine over to the new LED display from Fragramatics. Looks great. Comes with the board, new tubes and new fluid. You can see it from a mile away.

EZ car wash

Reaction score
I did mine a couple of weeks ago. It is a huge improvement over the old design. I don't think that the liquid is any different but the flashing lights are a definite attention getter.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I did mine a couple of weeks ago. It is a huge improvement over the old design. I don't think that the liquid is any different but the flashing lights are a definite attention getter.
What's the cost of the upgrade?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
New tubes???

I converted mine over to the new LED display from Fragramatics. Looks great. Comes with the board, new tubes and new fluid. You can see it from a mile away.
I bought five of those kits and didn't get any new tubes. I have held off on installing them because I have several that leak out the bottom and hadn't decided how I was going to address that issue.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Etowah

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Here's a thought. Get some light weight motor oil for the yellow, transmission fluid for the red, and mix them for the other color.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
I.B.

Hope you don't lose all your marbles before you get to use them.

EZ car wash

Reaction score
I got the retro kit for 150 and it took about an hour to install. It was a very straight forward job.

Flamingo

Reaction score
ok,Thanks for all the Ideas and suggestions..I took a couple of bottles of mineral oil to my local ACe Hardware store.We mixed up some nice colors with a drop of their paint tint in each bottle.

mayadreamin

Reaction score
My visuals had almost all leaked out and the lexan glass was in bad shape. I had decals with my logo printed and put on the old lexan. No more mess and now it advertises my washes!

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I installed a kit on a combo unit. It was pretty easy. I wish I had mounted it slightly higher than instructed. My vac is on a high pedastal and it's hard to see thew lower LED while standing next to it. Regardless, it's an attention getter from the street.

Wally

Reaction score
The oil from the visual display is not the biggest concern in the town I live in. Someone is vandalizing all of the vacuums. Fortunately I only had one broken into and I had already installed two of round Buffo locks on the doors by drilling through the door and cabinet. It looked like he used a pipe wrench and twisted it out. Then he removed the lock cover and couldn't drill the drill proof lock and didn't get any money. I've had it repaired and now close that wash every night. All the other washes in town got hit real hard not just the Fragramatics vacs. Although the combo vacs seem to be the easiest ones to get into. I've got another wash in another town and when I put the combos in I built new islands and put a secure coin box below in the cement and have not a one problem in the eight years that I've had them. I am familiar with tokens just didn't think I wanted to go that route. Some people have bill acceptors in their vacs. I can't imagine that. Is this problem wide spread?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
The oil from the visual display is not the biggest concern in the town I live in. Someone is vandalizing all of the vacuums. Fortunately I only had one broken into and I had already installed two of round Buffo locks on the doors by drilling through the door and cabinet. It looked like he used a pipe wrench and twisted it out. Then he removed the lock cover and couldn't drill the drill proof lock and didn't get any money. I've had it repaired and now close that wash every night. All the other washes in town got hit real hard not just the Fragramatics vacs. Although the combo vacs seem to be the easiest ones to get into. I've got another wash in another town and when I put the combos in I built new islands and put a secure coin box below in the cement and have not a one problem in the eight years that I've had them. I am familiar with tokens just didn't think I wanted to go that route. Some people have bill acceptors in their vacs. I can't imagine that. Is this problem wide spread?
The round discus type locks can be twisted off with a pipe wrench if they can be easily accessed. This is made more difficult with a "Lock Guard" availabel thru various suppliers. It is a "U" Shaped chunk of metal that goes around the discus lock.

It is best if any lock is recessed into an area where the lock can't be accessed with a lot of leverage or basic cutter.

cherokee235

Reaction score
My visuals had almost all leaked out and the lexan glass was in bad shape. I had decals with my logo printed and put on the old lexan. No more mess and now it advertises my washes!
Now that is a great idea.

However, I already went to Walmart, bought some different colored sewing beads and filled each tube. No more mess and it looks good., about $4.00 total.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score