What's new

Fragramatics Shampoo Vac Runonnnnnnnnnnn...

Red Baron

Reaction score
Came in the other morning to find my Frag Shampoo vac had been running all night, burning up both motors. Pulled the fuse, inserted 4 quarters, same thing - doesn't shut off. Fraggramatics says it's the timer: $610 for new, or rebuild for $125.

Other ideas?

madscientist

Reaction score
there's a relay up in the top section by the motors. it's probably stuck in the "motors on" position.

Red Baron

Reaction score
there's a relay up in the top section by the motors. it's probably stuck in the "motors on" position.
But when I switch the toggle to shampoo, it stays on too...

Turns out, the vac has been jury-rigged by the previous owner. It just dawned on me that the bubble display in this "shampoo" vac, belongs in a fragrance vac. The guy musta just stuck it in there to fill the hole when his dig display went south.

BayWatch

Jedi apprentice
Reaction score
How is the new wash going? Congrats. I knew the colder weather would get to him.

Etowah

Red Baron

Reaction score
How is the new wash going? Congrats. I knew the colder weather would get to him.

Thanks! My last offer was strategically timed to be right as the first cold front of the season blew through...I figured that transplanted Californian would be more anxious to sell then. lol He's a good guy, tho.

We're really happy with the wash! We have a ton of work to do to give it the Red Baron theme, and my son does most of the work during his 24-on/48-off at the fire department, so it's a little slow going. We should be ready to do our grand reopening by spring.

MEP001

Reaction score
Red Baron said:
But when I switch the toggle to shampoo, it stays on too....
If "it" is the shampoo, then it probably is the timer.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
But when I switch the toggle to shampoo, it stays on too...

Turns out, the vac has been jury-rigged by the previous owner. It just dawned on me that the bubble display in this "shampoo" vac, belongs in a fragrance vac. The guy musta just stuck it in there to fill the hole when his dig display went south.
Does the vac stay running when you switch to shampoo or does the shampoo run constantly? If the vac stays running it sounds like a stuck relay to me.

BTW, I have seen a shampoo vac with a bubbler instead of big timer with a smaller timer like a fragrance/vac. It probably came that way.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've seen some that way too, usually had two colors instead of three, one red and one blue.

tgoodwin

Vendor
Reaction score
This problem sounds like a timer. The timer is giving a constant output. If it was a solid state relay (motor control) then the vacuum should run all the time regardless of the door toggle switch. If vacuum turns off and shampoo turns on when the door switch is toggled with zero money deposited then the problem is in the timer.