What's new

fragramatic coin acceptor

Jerry33

Reaction score
i have a combo vac and carpet cleaner with an unknown type of coin acceptor. recently began shutting down if you put in a 4th quarter. it will run for a couple of seconds and shut down. it works fine with 3 quarters. the coin acceptor just has fragramatic on the side. it is the type you put a coin in a cradle on the side for comparison. i tried fiddling with the sensitivity screw and thought it was cured but next day, i have the same problem.

anyone know who make the acceptors for fragramatic so i can order a replacement. Or what would you recommend as a replacement?

thanks,

jerry

Randy

Reaction score
Jerry,
That's a Ginsan Sensortron. Ginsan doesn't repair there coin acceptors anymore. With the price of a Sensortron coin acceptor now I wouldn't replace it with a Ginsan Sensortron. I'd go with a Slugbuster P-47 if you want a single coin coin acceptor. If you want a multi-coin coin acceptor I'd go with a Slugbuster II

MEP001

Reaction score
The coin acceptor is probably not the issue if the vac is shutting down with a 4th quarter. It should continue to accept coins as long as it has power. Is the vac shutting down or does the coin acceptor no longer take coins once the unit is running? Describe the problem in the best detail possible instead of phrases like "recently began shutting down".

You can use any 2" long-drop acceptor in that unit.

tgoodwin

Vendor
Reaction score
Jerry33,
Uplug coin acceptor. The connection from the machine has three wires. Red 24v Hot, Black neutral, Blue coin pulse. Using a paper clip touch the blue and the black simultaneously. DO NOT TOUCH THE RED WIRE AT ANY TIME!! Each time that they touch is the same as dropping coins. Touch three times and start machine then continue to touch to add more coins. If machine operates after adding addtional coins then it is the coin mech. We have seen this problem before. You can call Fragramatics. We do not charged to help troubleshoot our equipment.

Jerry33

Reaction score
thanks guys

I can't describe it any better than it shuts down when the 4th coin drops in. i even waited for 1 minute and dropped a quarter in and it shuts down.

i wasn't sure how to jump the "coin counter" so haven't tried that. with your help, i can now do that.

and if it is the acceptor, i now know what type to order to replace it. i will give feedback either way.

thanks

MEP001

Reaction score
Jerry33 said:
I can't describe it any better than it shuts down when the 4th coin drops in.
Why not? Say what shuts down, not "it". If the timer quits counting down and returns to the main message, say that.

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
You can use any 2" long-drop acceptor in that unit.
If you drill out the mounting holes you can use any acceptor as Fragramatics studs are too large to fit through the standard size hole in an acceptor.

I believe that Fragramatics does that so you will have to order from them.

MEP001

Reaction score
Ghetto Wash said:
I believe that Fragramatics does that so you will have to order from them.
Either that or so they can use oversized hardware; I just use smaller screws.

HCW

Reaction score
i have a combo vac and carpet cleaner with an unknown type of coin acceptor. recently began shutting down if you put in a 4th quarter. it will run for a couple of seconds and shut down. it works fine with 3 quarters. the coin acceptor just has fragramatic on the side. it is the type you put a coin in a cradle on the side for comparison. i tried fiddling with the sensitivity screw and thought it was cured but next day, i have the same problem.

anyone know who make the acceptors for fragramatic so i can order a replacement. Or what would you recommend as a replacement?

thanks,

jerry
Jerry, I am having the same problem now on my fragramatic vac/carpet cleaner. Please advise what you have done to correct the problem.
Thanks in advance!

Randy

Reaction score
Sounds like a Timer issue to me.

HCW

Reaction score
I called fragramatic today and was told that it is a coin acceptor problem. I switched the coin acceptor with the fragrance acceptor (same part #) but it still doing the same. Recently (beside after adding the 4th quarter) if you switch from vacumme to spot remover or shampoo it quits completely. Any idea?

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
Order a rebuilt "Power Supply" from Fragramatics, install it and your problem will go away.