What's new

forum ad bothers me

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
Forgive me, but I just want to b*tch a little bit. Bill, I hate Blendco's "peel down ad" I don't know exaxtly what to call it. Every time my mouse gets too close to it it comes down, then I have to wait for it to go back. Ruins my surfing speed and bothers me. Maybe I should get a faster computer and it wouldn't get in my way so bad, but I'm used to my old TI64 :).

There, I feel better.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Sometimes that happens to me too, and it irritates me as well, but that ad and the others, pays the rent and makes it worth my time and energy to provide all of the value that you and others find here. So like spam and other of the world's irritations, you need to weight the benefits vs the pain in the butt aspect. :)

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
After the third time in a row of accidentally hovering over it, I didn't have the heart to kick the dog again, so I posted this instead.

MEP001

Reaction score
Experiment with a different browser. Some are more finicky with things like that.

B

blake247

Being a Forum admin myself, I can see both sides. It sucks having to pay for a site out of pocket, but on the other hand the ads are a little excessive. I don't know what kind of traffic this site pulls, but a donation system and/or membership subscription may be a great alternative to ads.

Etowah

Dirt

Laser Blade
Reaction score
I taught myself to carefully go around it. Damn, i just hit it again.:D
I think its the back button thats in the wrong place.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Treat yourself to a 23-26" monitor, you won't believe how much you will enjoy the Internet experience/computer use.

MEP001

Reaction score
Or just press the Backspace button to go back a page.

mmurra

Reaction score
I use a number of forum sites on a regular basis. This one has the most opressive ads, bar none.

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
The ads do move around a little too much, but behind this salmon colored background- while reading some posts the background design goes 3-D on my eyes like on those 3-D posters, Has anyone else noticed the 3-D effect. And No alcohol or other things to cause this effect. Stare at the squares in the background and watch them pop out.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Whale, that was an experiment of mine, apparently only people with an IQ above 180 will that happen to. When I was told that, I didn't believe it and it doesn't do that for me. Maybe you can confirm this for us.

mmurra, anytime you want to take over and make your changes let me know.

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
I can confirm it goes 3-D, But I'm in the car wash Business, many days feel quite below normal cleaning up after idiots, even sometimes feel they got me trained to clean up after them .

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Whale, I was kidding you. It's just a subtle pattern that I liked the look of and the blue combo. From time to time, its time to make changes to the look of a site. Of course, I hate it Costco, when they move the stuff around every week and you can't find what you are looking for.