What's new

For those of you that have removed Dog Washes....?

HiPressure

Reaction score
For those of you who have removed dog washes, what have you replaced them with?
Are you happy with your decision?

I have a small room containing 2 dog wash tubs at my unattended 3-bay SS, 1-IBA.

The dog wash average gross per month is $490, based on one year. I'm considering ripping them out and trying something else in the space for the following reasons:
- the room is a nightmare to maintain and keep clean
- I see almost no complimentary business to the car wash, customers either wash dogs or cars, not both
- there are dog groomers in my area offering wash-rinse-dry for $10 a dog
- there are pet stores in the area offering both grooming and self serve wash options that have hourly staff to clean the tubs, etc.
- I frequently catch dog owners standing in the tubs trying to pull their dogs up the ramps by the leash. Sooner or later, someone is going to fall and break their neck.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I was interested in a Dog wash myself sounded like a great idea until I got on this form and started reading about them and visited a wash with one. Then I went to a ICA show 2 years ago and seen a very nice SS and express/wash with one and soon as I stepped on the lot a little tiny woman was walking a 100lb Rottweiler into the wash room and it looked like it would eat me & my buddy at the same time and just man handled the lady on a leash the whole time and other people where grabbing there kids in the SS bays putting them in the car. I knew right then that's a lawsuit in the making and smelling dog crap and hair to me all the time even though this one wash was very nice the ROI would never be there for me. That was the turning point for me from ever buying a dogwash. My wife was excited until I told her my experience bc she loves dogs. Your right also the lady did not wash her car just the dog I do remember that.

sparkey

Reaction score
I have a petwash and a water vending machine. The water vending machine does over twice what the petwash does in a month and there is no mess. I have had the water vending machine less than a year. You may consider installing a water vending machine if no-one in your area has one. You already have RO water on site to feed the water vendor.

WikiWash

Reaction score
I currently have 2 pet washes at my location along with a water vendor. The people that come to buy a gallon of water for a $0.25 never use the car wash nor the vacuums. As for the Pet Wash maybe 1 out of 5 will use the wash after they are done but I'm sure they are primarily car wash customers. If I had to do it over again I wouldn't install a Pet Wash nor a water vendor. Keeping the pet washes clean all of the time is a lot of work. I guess I can't get my water customers to purchase a wash that ranges from $7 to $14