What's new

Fonic Wash Power Concentrate

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
For anyone using Fonic Wash PC for their high pressure soap and pulling straight out of the 5gl. pail, what dilution ratio are you using? I know it makes a difference if using soft water or not. Just looking for general ideas for a starting point. Thanks.

theoffspringer

Reaction score
this depends on your pump and how many gallons it delivers. cause your adding your premix to pumps that already mix it further. on a 4.5-gallon system you're dumping around 10 gpm of post mix.

Randy

Reaction score
For anyone using Fonic Wash PC for their high pressure soap and pulling straight out of the 5gl. pail, what dilution ratio are you using? I know it makes a difference if using soft water or not. Just looking for general ideas for a starting point. Thanks.
Why not follow the instructions on the container and pour the 5 gallons of Fonic Wash PC concentrate into a 15 gallon container and add 10 gallons of water to it.

Keno

Reaction score
Ain't nobody got time for that! I draw everything straight out of their container.
Are you not having any issues with inconsistent dilution or clogged tips? We are mixing the way Randy described because the chemical companies said it has to be to prevent inconsistent dilution or clogged tips. Would like to get away from premixing if we can.

Eric H

Reaction score
Not the answer to the question you’re asking but, I use Kleen-rite’s KleenPak High Ph soap for my 2 SS bays. Great show, works well and no mixing etc. I wasn’t satisfied with Fonic Wash when I tried it.
I have space limitations at this location that prevent me from using the famous Correct/foam additive concoction.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Are you not having any issues with inconsistent dilution or clogged tips? We are mixing the way Randy described because the chemical companies said it has to be to prevent inconsistent dilution or clogged tips. Would like to get away from premixing if we can.
No real issues with clogged tips here. I do keep my lids on and drill a small hole through the cap. No separation issues either.

OurTown

Reaction score
Not the answer to the question you’re asking but, I use Kleen-rite’s KleenPak High Ph soap for my 2 SS bays. Great show, works well and no mixing etc. I wasn’t satisfied with Fonic Wash when I tried it.
I have space limitations at this location that prevent me from using the famous Correct/foam additive concoction.

JBS also makes Fonic Wash PH Plus PR-180 and that is what we use.

Blanco

Reaction score
What chemical company? Ive never heard of a tip getting clogged from the chemical itself. Unless it's either garbage, old chemical, or a tip thats 10 years old. Ive never pre mixed and you shouldn't have to either. Complete waste of time and space.

Last edited:

Blanco

Reaction score
I don't use fonic wash but with soft water I'm on a yellow tip at some locations and up to green at others for high pressure soap. Even though there all the same pump stands and same chemical each one pulls different. There is to many variables. Id start with yellow or even purple to see how it comes out and work your way up to find the one that makes you or customer happy.

Last edited:

Keno

Reaction score
What chemical company? Ive never heard of a tip getting clogged from the chemical itself. Unless it's either garbage, old chemical, or a tip thats 10 years old. Ive never pre mixed and you shouldn't have to either. Complete waste of time and space.
JBS and Kleenrite have both told me that about the chemicals that require 2:1 pre-mix. Something about hydrominders requiring water consistency chemicals to dilute consistently. And increased chance of clogged tips as I mentioned earlier.

Blanco

Reaction score
JBS and Kleenrite have both told me that about the chemicals that require 2:1 pre-mix. Something about hydrominders requiring water consistency chemicals to dilute consistently. And increased chance of clogged tips as I mentioned earlier.
Gotcha. Not sure about JBS as I never used them but I certainly would not take chemical advice from kleen rite. There website claims there HPD ultra concentrate should be a 2000:1 ratio for SS and IBA. What a joke. There isn’t even a hydrominder tip that small. They fall under the category of garbage chemicals like I mentioned earlier.

Attachments

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I haven't diluted any chemical with water on a regular basis in my entire time in the business. Even when I first got in the business I was using the turtle wax hyperconcentrates that used double draw eductors and were thick and don't recall problems with them. It is sometimes hard to find "just the right tip" on the ultralean hydro tips because the ratios differ quite a bit from tip to tip. So I may have to run a product a little stronger than I like to get the proper result. So my chemicals costs may be a little higher than they have to be but in the scheme of self serve I'm not sure it moves the needle on my profitability enough to worry about. But then again mudmoney above says he uses a yellow tip in a 30 gallon drum and that sounds crazy diluted, maybe I need to try some!

I assume the clogging tips come from poor practices by the operator on site. If a chemical company in this day and age can't make a product that can't run through a pink hydrominder tip without clogging I'd question their overall quality control. I use some of the smallest tips with Quest drying aids and don't think one has ever clogged. I do try to maintain good hygiene when it comes to chemicals- I drill holes in the screw on caps and run my 1/4" hydrominder tubing through them. No containers are left open to the environment. The only problem I occasionally have is when I double draw a dye into a foaming wax for tri color and the red dye tip occasionally clogs, I assume they don't play well together.

OurTown

Reaction score
Gotcha. Not sure about JBS as I never used them but I certainly would not take chemical advice from kleen rite. There website claims there HPD ultra concentrate should be a 2000:1 ratio for SS and IBA. What a joke. There isn’t even a hydrominder tip that small. They fall under the category of garbage chemicals like I mentioned earlier.

That is the final dilution in the bay and if my math is correct our setup would be more like 60:1 in the Hydrominder tank.

Keno

Reaction score
I haven't diluted any chemical with water on a regular basis in my entire time in the business. Even when I first got in the business I was using the turtle wax hyperconcentrates that used double draw eductors and were thick and don't recall problems with them. It is sometimes hard to find "just the right tip" on the ultralean hydro tips because the ratios differ quite a bit from tip to tip. So I may have to run a product a little stronger than I like to get the proper result. So my chemicals costs may be a little higher than they have to be but in the scheme of self serve I'm not sure it moves the needle on my profitability enough to worry about. But then again mudmoney above says he uses a yellow tip in a 30 gallon drum and that sounds crazy diluted, maybe I need to try some!

I assume the clogging tips come from poor practices by the operator on site. If a chemical company in this day and age can't make a product that can't run through a pink hydrominder tip without clogging I'd question their overall quality control. I use some of the smallest tips with Quest drying aids and don't think one has ever clogged. I do try to maintain good hygiene when it comes to chemicals- I drill holes in the screw on caps and run my 1/4" hydrominder tubing through them. No containers are left open to the environment. The only problem I occasionally have is when I double draw a dye into a foaming wax for tri color and the red dye tip occasionally clogs, I assume they don't play well together.
Wow! Thanks for the detailed response. Looks like we maybe just wasting our time pre-mixing these. May try 1 or 2 chemicals your way, it will make our chemical refill job way easier if it works for us too.

We have been using brown, orange, or green tips to get the show we want with the 2:1 premix, so will probably have to go with pink, purple, or yellow without the 2:1 pre-mix

MudMoney

Reaction score
I replace my softener unit this spring of 23, no band-aid as other unit was 24 yo. Used green tip during that time good cleaning and customers like the show. New unit was wasting soap on green tip and I found yellow tip was ideal. No customer complaints. I also switched from Scotch Plaid to JBS fonic, so couple different variables.