What's new

Foamers or No Foamers for Foam Brush

MEP001

Reaction score
It would have to be less pressure/flow unless he has a separate supply for half the bays.

I've found I can get the same or better foam with a lower dilution on the chemical when using foamers.

MEP001

Reaction score
I rarely even look at the recommended dilution, I just set things up with a balance of performance and efficiency, which is why I noticed I could cut back by one tip and get the same foam when I added foamers.

slash007

Reaction score
The 3 foamers I have now I got when I gutted a wash. It was a Jim Coleman setup and they are about 6" long, dark grey and made out of a thick PVC. For the other 3 I'm making, I'm using brass nipples to copy what 2biz used in his setup. With foamers I can dial back the tip 1-2 sizes and get the same foam, so you save on chemical for a one time expense of the foamers. Now I just can't decide how much foam I want. I have it shaving cream like at one wash, and more runny at the other and no complaints at either wash.

MEP001

Reaction score
The 3 foamers I have now I got when I gutted a wash. It was a Jim Coleman setup and they are about 6" long, dark grey and made out of a thick PVC.
I've replaced lots of those. The stuff inside usually comes out and gets stuck at the end of the foam brush boom stopping the flow.

slash007

Reaction score
I've had good luck so far, 10 at one wash with no issues in 13 years and so far the 9 at my other wash (6 on TF) have been going strong and they are 13 years old as well.