What's new

foam cannons for kids?

mac

Reaction score
Antone know where to get those foam cannons I see at some washes? They let the kids, like me, shoot a stream of foam on a car. Or plans to build one. They can't be too complicated.

DavidM

Reaction score
There is one version for sale at www.xpertsolutions.biz
It isn't cheap but it doesn't force you to put a hole in your tunnel wall which is nice.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
What a neat idea to appeal to the kids. It'd make them want to come to your wash to "shoot" the cars. Wish I had a tunnel, I'd put that in right away!

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
What a neat idea to appeal to the kids. It'd make them want to come to your wash to "shoot" the cars. Wish I had a tunnel, I'd put that in right away!
Would you put in the $4000.00 unit, the $5,000.00 unit or go for the whole shootin' match with the $1000.00 upgraded joystick. Any thoughts on the ROI?

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Depends on how much money I had at the time! I probably would just try to put my own system together, probably wouldn't be as elaborate, but the effect would still be there. Maybe something like you see at the kid's water parks with their basic water cannons. Or possibly just some buttons that "fire" different cannons, when all they really do is open solenoid valves with no "aiming". Just to test it out and see if you get the response from the customer base. Probably could put most of it together with spare parts around your shop I would think.

mac

Reaction score
It's definitely a neat idea. The price would make me pause somewhat. My guess is that the ROI at those prices would stretch into several years. Would like to hear from some who have them.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Seems like one could be made of carwash parts for far less money. a flojet pump, a gun like I have for foam polish in my ss, a solenoid and some tubing would get you a good way there, right?

MEP001

Reaction score
Yeah, but how to control it through a wall or to limit the aiming so it can only spray on cars?

Jeff_L

Reaction score
If you didn't want to go high tech, you probably could do it mechanically with hinges, bars, and plates. You could manually put any right, left, up and down limits. First go at it might be challenging, so maybe going the more expensive easy route of an electronic one would be better.

Originally, I was thinking of a simply gun through a hole in the wall. However, I don't own a tunnel, so I don't know whether that's an option or not. I do like the idea of kids squirting the cars. I bet a few dads would get some trigger time as well!

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
I have seen several of these and they are really a hit. Some of the Mister Car Wash locations have them.

If someone really wants to do this it would be a good "lead" to get parents to bring their kids to the wash if that is desirable for your location. The important thing is that if you do it, make it look professional - not some "Mickey Mouse" set up.

mac

Reaction score
Just got another quote on one and it was still over 4K. The one I saw had a nice gun from an amusement game. The gun was mounted on a pedestal and used a bubber shifter boot from an auto parts store connecting the gun to a hole in the window. Seems like there's an opportunity for someone to do this for a little less. Mu guess is there is about $500 in parts for a nice setup. Should sell for $1,995.

pitzerwm

Reaction score
What about using a length of threads all, with a nut attached to the gun barrel, connect the threads all to a motor with limit switches and a joy stick that the kid/dad controls.