What's new

Foam Cannon Option in Self Serve Bay

OurTown

Reaction score
We are going to try and build something like that. I'll bet though that the car had some really good wax on it before it got dirty.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've been wanting to do that for a while. I'm not surprised there's a separate gun. I'll probably have to do it through the trifoam gun.

OurTown

Reaction score
I would like to see a video of 2biz's presoak foam gun.

washnshine

Reaction score
The pros to that are that it sticks well to the car, so if you apply presoak or a touch free cleaner, it will penetrate/dwell longer.
I could see that being really good for wheels/tires.

The downside could be spotty coverage if you go too quickly when covering the whole car. I could see open holes being left since there is so much air mixed in, unless you really took your time to get even coverage. Also would want it a bit more liquidy so that it doesn’t dry on the surface too fast.

Seemed like the type of dirt in the video and on that particular finish would have come off just as easily with just the high pressure water alone. Can’t tell if there is film left without looking closely, and that would be dependent on the chemical.

I’m sure a snow foam/foam cannon would be a customer pleaser.

MEP001

Reaction score
Also would want it a bit more liquidy so that it doesn’t dry on the surface too fast.
I've watched a number of Chemical Guys/Griot's Garage videos with the foam cannon, and believe it or not you do want it thick and dry. Check them out, the foam doesn't run or dry, it just clings to everything and penetrates the dirt.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I would like to see a video of 2biz's presoak foam gun.
I have PS and TF on the same foam gun. PS uses a flojet @ 60 psi and the TF uses a procon pump at 80psi...Neither foam as good as what was in that video. I have new home made foamers I want to try that I know will be better than what's in there now. I wonder how much pressure he's running and what chemicals he's using? I've even switched from 1/4" tubing to 3/8" tubing out to the bays to get the best flow possible. Maybe this spring, I'll try to up my game.

Reaction score
My TF gun puts out foam similar to that. I plan on running my presoak from the same gun when I do some other upgrades as well. I have a FloJet for my TF. I can't remember exactly but I think the pressures are about 50/60 psi.

Reaction score
I will say that my TF doesn't come out with as much force as the one in the video sounds like but the volume and consistency look very similar.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've never seen a trifoam even CLOSE to what the video shows. It looks as good as a foam cannon on a pressure washer. Those call for a minimum of 1100 PSI.