BigVic1993

Reaction score
What do y’all have yalls foam brush set too
Mine is coming out very watery and runny

car wash down the road has is very foamy
Any tips on what I can do

Thanks 🙏

Reaction score
Try increasing air first. If you can get the consistency there then you may be dilluting your foam brush chemical too much. Increase your tip size a couple notches in that case. Last thing to look into is that your water softener is working properly this is a good thing to test once a quarter anyways with a cheap kit you can buy.

Randy

Reaction score
What kind of foam brush soap are you using? What size tip are you using? I'd go up one tip size and increase the air just a little bit.

Rudy

Reaction score
Testing your Water Softener quarterly????

We check ours daily as part of a daily checklist. Only takes 2 minutes.

A couple of days of running hard water through your RO machine, and your checkbook will tell you why quarterly isn't enough. Hard water plugs membranes.

MEP001

Reaction score
Did you ever find a solution to your problem in this thread?

Reaction score
Testing your Water Softener quarterly????

We check ours daily as part of a daily checklist. Only takes 2 minutes.

A couple of days of running hard water through your RO machine, and your checkbook will tell you why quarterly isn't enough. Hard water plugs membranes.
Although quarterly may be the minimum I would think daily is excessive on the other hand. I dont anticipate my water softener to completely fail overnight. A water softener may become less effective over time and the hardness of the water should be monitored but I use other indicators as well to make sure my softener continues to function properly such as:

1-putting a flashlight up to resin tank and marking the level of the resin in the tank
2-monitoring salt levels to be sure its consistently being depleted
3-taking note of when regeneration cycles are taking place and comparing that to salt levels as well

These are a few of the things I look at but it seems you are much more attentive to your water quality so what else should I be doing to keep up with mine?

MEP001

Reaction score
Although quarterly may be the minimum I would think daily is excessive on the other hand.
I recommend daily when someone is really concerned that their water stays soft. It helps to catch it right away. When someone is having issues with hard water at times, the first thing I tell them is to start testing it daily and mark down which tank it's on at the time, helps track down the problem.

Buckeye Hydro

Reaction score
A couple of other maintenance items:
*assure your salt level stays above the water level in your brine tank (this is one of the most common problems we see on softener maintenance calls)
*disconnect and hose out the gunk in the bottom of your brine tank once a year.

Russ

Buckeye Hydro

Reaction score
We're seeing the need for it with the salt from the big box stores most people use. Because it's something people can do themselves there's little or no cost and it's good practice. Your experience may be different.

BigVic1993

Reaction score
Try increasing air first. If you can get the consistency there then you may be dilluting your foam brush chemical too much. Increase your tip size a couple notches in that case. Last thing to look into is that your water softener is working properly this is a good thing to test once a quarter anyways with a cheap kit you can buy.
This worked
Appreciate it