What's new

foam brush tire cleaner

bushlanders

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to do some refurb on a couple of washes and one of the guys I had to come out and look my washes over said that the foam brush tire cleaner was a good add-on in the bays. No one here has these and I was wondering if anybody out there has them and to what amount are they being utilized and do you still keep the wanded tire cleaner for those that still want to spray it on?

Jeff_L

Reaction score
I don't have them at either of my washes, but think if I did the Tire Cleaner option would be used a lot more than it is now. I'm thinking it be just like putting in a foaming brush system and it might be worth it.

waright

Reaction score
I made the change to a foam tire brush a 18 mo. ago. I installed another 180 degree wall boom on the passenger side bay wall. The foam brush boom swings one way and the tire brush boom swings the other way. It works great. I used a different colored foam brush handle with a round brush head. The foamy tire brush uses less product than the wand did, but my barrels of product get used faster, so more people must use it. Advantages include: getting rid of two check valves in your high pressure line(tire and air), the product gets to the bay quicker, it takes longer to apply and rinse, and you use less product. I think more people use it because they don't have to wait the 5-10 sec. for the product to get to the gun.
I use JBS's tire cleaner and it foams great, just like the foam brush. JBS even made me a custom barrel of winter mix foamy tire and it works awesome as well. The last thing I did was to have professional signs custom-made because I couldn't find any generic foam tire brush signs. If anyone needs these signs, I had extra ones made and could get more if needed.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
In the spring I am putting in a triple foam system and I was wondering what other function I could go with my dual wall boom. I was thinking about going with something like the blasto-dry, but this sounds like it could be a good idea too.....

captain cw

Reaction score
I have had a tire brush for a number of years and I swear by it. I recently added in-bay tire shiners and now advertise a complete tire and wheel detail center. You need good signage or everybody gets confused with the foam brush. I use a round bristle brush for the tires and hogs hair for the foam brush. I also have tri-foam and am considering in bay dryers. I believe in a lot of options. Good luck

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
I have a foam brush tire cleaner ... oh, no, wait, thats my foaming brush. :(

Yes, customers use my foaming brush on their tires. I've thought about putting in a tire brush, but I havent done anything about it. I probably should, need to think about that again.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
I thought that foaming brush was for sweeping out the beds of pickup trucks. You mean soap supposed to come out of it? ;)

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
It also works well to knock out large clumps of dirt from wheel wells.

MEP001

Reaction score
I wouldn't think you'd want people washing their engines with it. I've considered adding the option, but I'd post signs against it and ask customers to use it only on their tires and wheels.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
Any of you remember Raco's in bay tire cleaning brush from back in the early 1980's? Put a softer material on it (it was a stiff wire material) which could be used for wheels/tires and you may have something worth selling.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I like the idea, but it sounds like it will just be one more thing my moron customers will use on their engines. I just replaced on of my new hogs hair brushes last night since it was frizzled from being used on an engine.

bushlanders

Reaction score
I agree customers can be morons-I think on this brush I will use the nylon round brushes instead of the hogs hair so maybe when they tear it up it won't be quite as costly to replace

MEP001

Reaction score
I wonder if someone makes a brush similar to the "gong" brush you can buy cheap, but drilled through for the foam. It works well on wheels for both its size and stiffness of bristle. I wouldn't think a nylon foam brush head would work well enough.