What's new

Foam Brush stain??

Stuart

Reaction score
Had a customer call up tonight stating the FB stained his white truck. Went to the wash and found pink streaks at various points on the truck-not all over it.
Went to watch video and the guy sprayed windex window cleaner at certain areas of his truck which just happens to be the areas the streaks appeared. The streaks were very difficult to rub off- ended up using the TC with HPS to get it off the truck. I guess there was some type of chemical reaction with the glass cleaner and the wash chemicals to create the streaks.

When asked he said somebody told him to use windex and the truck will shine. He put it on before washing truck.
Any body have a similar situation?

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Make sure you're dilution ratio is set to your chemical's recommended setting. Some companies use a lot of dye in their product. I keep an eye on my floor in the bay, if I see staining there, I usually go dilute even more to make sure my clients are safe.

As for your client putting winded on first, I would imagine it roughed up his clearcoat and your FB soap stuck like Velcro. Probably should clay the vehicle then wax it up. Do you offer detailing?

Bob-O

Reaction score
I used chemicals with red dye in it. ( foam brush, hi pressure soap) had staining on hi pressure. most on fiberglass boats, old vinyl tops.
So I just did away with chemicals with red dye.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Typically Household Bleach will remove stain with little effort from colored products. (I use it on my hands when they are Pink or blue from the stuff.)On a white truck it shouldn't be an issue. Just put a little on a rag, apply and let sit for a few seconds before rinsing.

Etowah

MEP001

Reaction score
Sunlight will likely fade it away in a day or two.

Stuart

Reaction score
Oh the stain came out with my TC. Have never had an issue like this for 35 years. A different wash 30 miles away had an issue with an oooold fiberglass boat with staining from FB but the boat was old and the boat finish was worn.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Good lord you wash your hands with bleach? I use a wire wheel on my grinder for my hands and I brush my teeth with my weed wacker