What's new

Foam brush soap for HP soap?

MEP001

Reaction score
Lol! Maybe the loaded banana split scent was too sweet?
It didn't smell sweet to me, it really smelled like a banana split. I think it was whatever added the smell of nuts. I know people with a severe aversion to walnuts, even the smell.

Keno

Reaction score
I am trying out the correct mixture for our SS presoak and HP soap and was considering adding scent. I agree with Kimberly, scent is important to majority of customers, probably not all though. Foaming and show is important to all SS customers I think, even more than actual cleaning ability. I have seen some people on here using purple passion and the foaming agent. I may try some different combinations with the KR ultra concentrates to see if the smell or color is noticeable.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't use any scent in the mixture I make. I looked into it at one point but never did it.

My triple foam polish and my wax have a nice scent and that's good enough in my opinion. The fact that my high-pressure soap and my Foamy brush actually have some cleaning power is what matters to me.

I use the same ingredients in the detergent I make for my detail shop. We add it to five gallon buckets when we hand wash the cars.

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
For 15 years I was buying our chemicals from my local supplier. No scent. OK cleaning power. Contained surfactants and silicone. No modern polymers. Customers were satisfied with the cleaning ability, no complaints. I looked into injecting with a scent, but didn't have the room in my pump room for 2-3 more containers. I was also concerned about chemical compatibility and didn't want to dilute them. But, when I switched to Blendco 5 years ago (with scent)... WOWZA! Customers became very vocal. They instantly knew I had switched chemicals & could tell & SMELL! They were more impressed with the smell than the show. The car wash up the street uses a cheap foaming soap. Thick PINK foam that smells like Bubble Gum. Leaves a surfactant film, but customers are convinced its working great! 😜 If you decide to try scent, I bet your customers would notice.

AZcarwashman

Reaction score
Lol! Maybe the loaded banana split scent was too sweet? I use Blendco chemicals, already infused with berry & citrus scent.🍋🍊🍒🍓🫐 My Foam Brush is citrus and a couple customers tell me "their addicted to the scent of my Presoak and Wax!" Those are berry. Scent leaves a lasting impression and reinforces my brand for Citrus Heights Car Wash! :love:
I agree, all my chemicals are scented and color tinted in my self service and IBA bays. Never had a complaint and it definitely adds to the perceived value for the customer.

washnshine

Reaction score
For 15 years I was buying our chemicals from my local supplier. No scent. OK cleaning power. Contained surfactants and silicone. No modern polymers. Customers were satisfied with the cleaning ability, no complaints. I looked into injecting with a scent, but didn't have the room in my pump room for 2-3 more containers. I was also concerned about chemical compatibility and didn't want to dilute them. But, when I switched to Blendco 5 years ago (with scent)... WOWZA! Customers became very vocal. They instantly knew I had switched chemicals & could tell & SMELL! They were more impressed with the smell than the show. The car wash up the street uses a cheap foaming soap. Thick PINK foam that smells like Bubble Gum. Leaves a surfactant film, but customers are convinced its working great! 😜 If you decide to try scent, I bet your customers would notice.
Yes - I definitely agree with scenting the foam brush soap. That is the function that customers will spend the most time with because it takes the longest and you have to be thorough with it if you want to clean your whole car. The more pleasant it is for them, like with a nice smell, they more they will take their time and enjoy the experience. We are selling time.

Don B.

Reaction score
I’ve used Arcadian chemicals, foam brush soap for my foam brushes and my high pressure soap for years!.
Foams great and smells good! People just want to see foam!