What's new

Foam Brush Pump Replacement (Recommendations)

Officer

Reaction score
I need to replace my foam brush soap pump. Any recommendations on what to use or buy. Three bays. Currently using a myers pump with a low pressure switch on the side. Thank you in advance!

MEP001

Reaction score
A good twin diaphragm pump. Flojet pumps aren't as good as they used to be but they're cheap and very easy to replace.

Randy

Reaction score
I need to replace my foam brush soap pump. Any recommendations on what to use or buy. Three bays. Currently using a myers pump with a low pressure switch on the side. Thank you in advance!
Are you talking about a Shallow well pump with a pressure switch and tank? I haven't seen one of those setups in over 25 years. Go on EBay and buy a Flojet G55 pump, it'll cost you about $30, I'd buy 2 of them. The G55 is the same pump as the G57 that Kleen-Rite sells. The only difference is the G55 uses stainless steel fittings, I've been using them for years. A word of caution, you HAVE to use a reinforced hose on the discharge of the pump, a Hydrominder suction hose won't work, it'll break/pop and you'll have a hell of a mess.

Officer

Reaction score
Are you talking about a Shallow well pump with a pressure switch and tank? I haven't seen one of those setups in over 25 years. Go on EBay and buy a Flojet G55 pump, it'll cost you about $30, I'd buy 2 of them. The G55 is the same pump as the G57 that Kleen-Rite sells. The only difference is the G55 uses stainless steel fittings, I've been using them for years. A word of caution, you HAVE to use a reinforced hose on the discharge of the pump, a Hydrominder suction hose won't work, it'll break/pop and you'll have a hell of a mess.
Yeah Randy, that's what it is with the shallow well myers pump. How difficult would it be to switch the pump system over to flojets?

Etowah

MEP001

Reaction score
Simple, you'll need an air line for the Flojet with a regulator to control its output pressure, a 1/2" hose with a foot valve from your mixed chemical to the pump and then straight out to the solenoids. It's good to have a controller and a solenoid to shut off air to the pump while it's not being used, but I've found it unnecessary as long as you have a good strainer on the inlet line.

Officer

Reaction score
Simple, you'll need an air line for the Flojet with a regulator to control its output pressure, a 1/2" hose with a foot valve from your mixed chemical to the pump and then straight out to the solenoids. It's good to have a controller and a solenoid to shut off air to the pump while it's not being used, but I've found it unnecessary as long as you have a good strainer on the inlet line.
Ok. Does the Flojet automatically mix air with the soap to make foam? Sorry for my ignorance. Just trying to understand how it will work.

OurTown

Reaction score
Does the Flojet automatically mix air with the soap to make foam?
It only pumps liquid but uses air to pump it instead of electric. The foam is formed by injecting air together with the liquid further down the line.

MEP001

Reaction score
Has anyone used this pump for presoak or tire cleaner? (high PH)
It looks like the G55 is single-purpose for pumping soda syrup and only has Santoprene seals, so the G55 is not the same pump as the G57 Kleen-Rite sells. The pump body may be almost the same aside from the fittings.

I've used the Santoprene G57 on tire cleaner, trifoam wax and very high pH presoaks and get at least a year out of them vs at least 5 years for the Viton. The money math and reliability tells me to use Viton G57 where needed.

Officer

Reaction score
It looks like the G55 is single-purpose for pumping soda syrup and only has Santoprene seals, so the G55 is not the same pump as the G57 Kleen-Rite sells. The pump body may be almost the same aside from the fittings.

I've used the Santoprene G57 on tire cleaner, trifoam wax and very high pH presoaks and get at least a year out of them vs at least 5 years for the Viton. The money math and reliability tells me to use Viton G57 where needed.
I will definitely go with the viton seals. Will one pump handle all three bays if all three bays are being used, or should I use two pumps? In any event, if I used two, how would I connect them together? Run the supply to inlet, then outlet to inlet on second pump and then outlet to the solenoids?

Lastly, what's the part number on Kleen-Rite? I see several variations of the G57 pump...

Last edited:

OurTown

Reaction score
Sorry didn't mean to confuse you but was just curious if anyone had used the G55 on high PH. If you are just using it for foam brush soap you don't need the Viton because the soap is pretty neutral. I'm sure the one Randy suggested would work fine especially for less than half the cost of the G57 Santoprene from Kleen-Rite. One pump will handle three bays easily.

Randy

Reaction score
Has anyone used this pump for presoak or tire cleaner? (high PH)
The internals of the G55 are the same as your standard G57 pump, Santoprene. We use a Procon pump for our Presoak and Tire cleaner and the G55 for foam brush. We've been using them for at least 4 or 5 years. They seem to last as long as a G57. Back before the G57 or G55 we used a 5100 Flojet that only put out about 2gpm, they worked OK.

MEP001

Reaction score
I will definitely go with the viton seals. Will one pump handle all three bays if all three bays are being used, or should I use two pumps? In any event, if I used two, how would I connect them together? Run the supply to inlet, then outlet to inlet on second pump and then outlet to the solenoids?

Lastly, what's the part number on Kleen-Rite? I see several variations of the G57 pump...
One pump will easily handle 3 bays. I've used the G57 for presoak on a 6-bay wash, maximum pressure and no needle valves, and one can candle all six bays with no problem. If you needed two you could just tee them together, in fact they have a double volume pump which is just two pumps with a manifold/bracket.

https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-3419-flojet-g57-dual-pump-10-gpm-12-viton.aspx

The standard Viton model:

https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-2091-flojet-g57-air-pump-7-gpm-12-viton.aspx

OurTown

Reaction score
Mep do you use the Viton pumps on the foaming brush?

MEP001

Reaction score
I do, only because rather than keep two kinds of pumps on hand I keep two spare Viton so I can use them anywhere. The Viton won't last longer than Santoprene on foam brush.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
The internals of the G55 are the same as your standard G57 pump, Santoprene. We use a Procon pump for our Presoak and Tire cleaner and the G55 for foam brush. We've been using them for at least 4 or 5 years. They seem to last as long as a G57. Back before the G57 or G55 we used a 5100 Flojet that only put out about 2gpm, they worked OK.
Randy is right...The G55 is virtually the same as the G57. I got (4) G55's off Ebay for $25 each....I put one on my Washer Fluid Winterizing system about 4-5 years ago and it still works fine. The G55 puts out about 5 gpm….Do the math...It will keep up with a lot of bays of PS or FB soap....

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I do, only because rather than keep two kinds of pumps on hand I keep two spare Viton so I can use them anywhere. .
I do the same. Between the SS and 4 tunnels probably have 60 in operation. I find best thing is to have a moisture trap with auto dump as close to the pumps as possible. Air heats up as compressed and and will cool as it moves down the line from the compressor. So, since warm air holds more moisture than cool moisture will condense as it cools. So, a trp near the compressors will not eliminate the condensed moisture further down the line.