What's new

Foam Brush Pressure?

Tpoppa

Reaction score
Today I tried to switch from Winter to Summer Soap and did not have good results.

I run my Winter soap at 5:1. Liquid @ 31 psi/air @ 21/psi and get thick rich foam.

Summer soap says it will work from 64:1 to 240:1. I tried 120:1 and 90:1, and had thin, runny suds.

What pressure do you run your Summer foam brush soap to get thick foam?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Today I tried to switch from Winter to Summer Soap and did not have good results.

I run my Winter soap at 5:1. Liquid @ 31 psi/air @ 21/psi and get thick rich foam.

Summer soap says it will work from 64:1 to 240:1. I tried 120:1 and 90:1, and had thin, runny suds.

What pressure do you run your Summer foam brush soap to get thick foam?
There are lots of variables. Are you using Flo Jets? Does the air and liquid mix at a manifold above the boom / Bay? Do you have needle valves at the solenoid? I would cut down on the liquid to 20 PSI & air to 10 PSI and see what happens.
Depending on brand the FB brush has 3-6 small holes. Trying to foce too much air and liquid thru the small openings will kill the foam.

Also, it seems the range of your product starts at 64:1 but you did not try that high a concentrate. With a higher concentrate you may actualy pump less solution due to the more intense foam.

Tpoppa

Reaction score
I am using a Flo Jet & there are needle valves on the solenoids . The liquid & product mix near the boom, each coming from 1/8" tubing.

MEP001

Reaction score
Make sure your water is soft.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I am using a Flo Jet & there are needle valves on the solenoids . The liquid & product mix near the boom, each coming from 1/8" tubing.
I am not an expert but 1/8" seems small. I think most places use 1/4" or 3/8"

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
try around 50/35 and see what happens.

Could also be hydrominder problems, or a bad batch of soap.

bighead

Reaction score
Leave the product supply dial where you like it, then with the foam brush turned on in a bay, turn the air dial down completely to nothing, and slowly increase it until you here a pump every other second or so out of your flo jet.

That should get you some decent foam. If that doesn't work, I'd go to the 240:1 mixture and try it again. Most foam brush chemical is pretty concentrated, or at least it should be.

ken-pro

Equipment Distributor
Reaction score
If you had rich thick foam with the winter product then I would say that your metering valves and pressures were adjusted correctly. More than likely your chemical is not being mixed strong enough. Try it at 64:1 and see what you get.

Tpoppa

Reaction score
Does FB soap lose it's kick over time?

The previous owner bought in bulk, the Summer FB is probably 4 years old.

Last edited:

Dirtychuck

Reaction score
I had trouble with old foam brush soap making good foam... when I replaced with fresh soap the problem went away.