What's new

foam brush no foam all liquid

Etowah

ANDYS

Reaction score
i was wondering what is the best way to set the foam brush i am not getting no foam i tried to reduce the air and give more air and also reduce liquid and tryed more liquid :( no progress

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Have you checked your hydrominder to make sure its mixing properly. If you have air and chemical, you should get foam. Maybe your mixture is too thin?

MEP001

Reaction score
What does it look like? Is it so thick and foamy it's not flowing or is it watery and not foaming? Like 2Biz said, the mixture could be wrong from a failed Hydrominder foot valve, clogged tip or the valve itself not flowing enough water to draw the chemical, or your softener may not be working.

Wally

Reaction score
What does it look like? Is it so thick and foamy it's not flowing or is it watery and not foaming? Like 2Biz said, the mixture could be wrong from a failed Hydrominder foot valve, clogged tip or the valve itself not flowing enough water to draw the chemical, or your softener may not be working.

Andy, If all of the above fails you might need to change the diaphragm in your hydrominder.

ANDYS

Reaction score
foam brush

MEP001 it is watery not foaming (blue coloured liquid) thanks for the reply
2 biz and wally too

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
Pour some foam brush chemical directly into the tank (about a cup or so), mix it around and then turn the nearest bays foam brush on and wait to see what you get.

ANDYS

Reaction score
i will try that but i think i am getting alot of soap because the water is really blue . also i am getting to the bottom of the pail could that be a reason too:confused:

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Unles you have it fixed already here is what I would do.
Check to see if Hydrominder is sucking. If not, fix it.
If so and solution tank seems to have correct solution (You may want to try a new bucket of saop in case the old one got diluted.) check exit side of solenoids in equipment room by detaching the poly and turn on bay. Liquid? Air? . If yes to both turn off liquid or unplug that solenoid and crank air up as high as it will go. Is air coming out of Brush? If yes, do you have a foamer in line? Does it need to be cleaned.

FWIW my settings for FB are 60psi Flo Jet, 40 PSI air. 3/8 poly T'd above bay. No foamers or needle jets, Erie 6 hose brushes.

Report back.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
i will try that but i think i am getting alot of soap because the water is really blue . also i am getting to the bottom of the pail could that be a reason too:confused:
That could possibly be your problem. The foot valve might not be submerged if the soap is getting that close to the bottom. What I do is change out a 5 gallon bucket when the soap gets down to about 3"-4" from the bottom. Then when that bucket gets down about half way, I pour the remaining 3-4" left over from the first bucket into the bucket I'm currently using. Thats my method to the madness. At any given time, I might have 2 piece of buckets sitting in the corner. This way I don't have to worry about running out on a busy day when I'm not there.

ANDYS

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys i did not go in today will try to fix tommorrow :confused:

Wally

Reaction score
Thanks for the replys i did not go in today will try to fix tommorrow :confused:
Andy, I had a situation like this just a couple of weeks ago and I've never had it happen before. I am using Kleen-Rite Bubble up for the foam brush. The foam started to get really thin. I did all of the above to no avail. I had five gallons of mixed soap in a 15 gallon drum and I poured it up and mixed a new batch. Problem solved. For some reason the soap just died. It was like you said, lots of color and everything seemed to be working but it just wouldn't foam. I thought it was a isolated case.

ANDYS

Reaction score
one more thing i went to the wash now i turned the liquid off and just left the air on and listened to hear if air was coming threw foam brush i could not hear any air :mad:

but maybe i have to turn liquid on because the air mixes threw liquid pipe

nothing works out tommorrow i will have the repair guys down :(

Thanks Again to all that replyed

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Unplug the iar line from the exit side of the solenoid in the equipment room to see if air is exiting the solenoid. If it is check for a broken / disconnected line.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I don't want to hijack here but I have a similar problem with my triple foam but only in one bay. I was certain that it had to be the air solenoid. I changed the stem and coil but still just colored water. No sign of air at all. If I had a broken air line wouldn't I be able to hear it?
Thanks

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I don't want to hijack here but I have a similar problem with my triple foam but only in one bay. I was certain that it had to be the air solenoid. I changed the stem and coil but still just colored water. No sign of air at all. If I had a broken air line wouldn't I be able to hear it?
Thanks
My air for foam runs at 40 PSI or less. If it breaks in an inulated trough on the roof I don't think I would hear it.

Once you changed the stem and coil did you pull the hose from the exit side to make sure air was coming out.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
No I didn't think to have him do that. I was sure that was going to fix it. I will though.
Thanks

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
When I remove the air hose, chemical comes out there???????????????

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
When I remove the air hose, chemical comes out there???????????????
I am guessing you mean from the hose and not the solenoid which will happen if the solenoid is not delivering air Or, am I wrong? Did you get air out of the solenoid side?

ANDYS

Reaction score
Thanks to the reply the problem was the soap i changed it working now :)