What's new

Foam brush no foam, all liquid

acbruno

Reaction score
I had to replace a hose on the system so the pressure was at zero until I got it replaced. I had to refill the 5 gal hoding tank for the solution. When I filled it up, the hydrominder didn't pull product in for about 15 seconds so I believe I'm a little light on the foam solution. Would the concentration cause the brushes to not foam up? All that is comming out of the brushes is the liquid solution. Also, the air compresser is running constantly while a foam brush is selected.

Keith Baker

Keith Baker
Reaction score
It sounds like your not injecting any air into the liquid to make foam. All of the systems I've seen have a mixing valve for each bay that sends the soap out at about 40-50 PSI mixed with 40-50 PSI of air. There is probably an air regulator at each mixing valve with a guage on it.
You need to know how much air pressure there is at the mixing valves. You most likely have an air leak or a compressor that isn't catching up for some reason.
Aren't you in Omaha? If you are, give me your phone number and I'll see if I can help you with anything.

Keith

MEP001

Reaction score
Is the liquid that comes out soapy to the touch at all? If it is, it's not a concentration problem.

Are you getting air from the brush? If it's gurgling and spurting but not foaming, it's a problem with the liquid mixture.

What kind of a compressor do you have, and is it more than a single bay car wash? The compressor should not run all the time with one foam brush on unless it's a tiny compressor meant to run only one foam brush bay.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
I fixed a problem like this for a buddy several years ago...his compressor ran continuously, too.

The compressor tank was full of water...no space left to store the air. :eek:

soapy

Reaction score
There has to be a air injection line somewhere. If the air compressor is running all the time foam brush is called for I would check to see if you have a broken air line somewhere in your system. Many systems will run a air line out to the bays and inject the air right above the foamy brush. One of these could be leaking. Sounds like you are not getting air injected into your foamy brush solution.

JIMT

Reaction score
ACBRUNO,
Pour some more foaming brush concentrate in the 5 gal. holding tank since you diluted it when you refilled it. The air compressor is running because there is no foam to cause a restriction to the air.
JIMT

Keith Baker

Keith Baker
Reaction score
Tony:

Did you get the phone message that I sent you last week?

Keith Baker 402-680-5888