What's new

Foam Brush Hoses

DRsuds

Reaction score
So I’ve been having this problem more and more and it’s starting to drive me crazy. My foam brush barbs keep cutting the hoses they’re in and then they leak at the base of the handle on customers. I’ve tried the little “motorcycle handle” guards. They don’t seem to help especially since they usually get slid off by customers. What kind of hose do you guys use for your brushes or what’s your set up?
I have Kleenrite aluminum wands, with hog daddy brushes, then a normal barb and some hose I buy locally from a hose shop. It works fine for my triple foam but people aren’t as hard on the foam gun and it doesn’t require as much maneuvering. I’ve considered plastic barbs but then I think the barbs will just snap. People really pull on these things.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
I use blue 1/4" high pressure hose with 3/8” crimp on ends.

Install a 3/8” brass Street Elbow on the handle inlet and add your favorite 3/8” swivel on each end of the hose.

They’ll last many years.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Always have used premade 16' 3/8" high pressure hose with a 3/8" female to male swivel on each end of the hose to prevent kinks and over aggressive customer's.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Also use 3/8" Wire Braid Pre Made HP from KR - order with Swivels both ends and Hose saver one end.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I'm generally using foam brush hose made 3/8" push lock.

I am also trying the mosmatic comfort hoses as low pressure but they kink too easily, even with a swivel at both ends, so I will likely revert back to pushlock Perhaps I should try the 1/4" HP hose.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I use 3/8" GoodYear air hose for Fb and TF/PS foam guns...The hose is light and last for many years, even in direct sunlight in the outside truck bay. Can't remember when the last time I changed one out. I just use standard hose barbs and brass ferrules to crimp the hose on the barb. I also use the Hose Saver Sleeves for strain relief on the user end. This is the one I use.

3/8 Black PVC Hose Guard (kleen-ritecorp.com)

soapy

Reaction score
I use the coiled hose for my foam brush and add the clear plastic hose with fiber reinforcement over the barbed ends. It las for years and prevent the brass from cutting the soft coiled hose.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I used coiled hoses for FB and Tri Foam Wax for the first couple years when we opened and I switched because customers were complaining about the "beating" they received washing their vehicles LOL 😆

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Coiled hoses beat the pure heck out of vehicles slapping up against every panel the entire time around the vehicle. I switched 10 years ago and never ever thought about going back. Straight hoses and dual swivels is night and day difference. The coiled hoses do even worse when its colder.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I tired coiled hoses too and didn't like them for the reasons listed above. Plus I could not keep them from freezing in the winter with my washer fluid blowdown system. Because of the length of the hose (about 50ft coiled) the chemical would flash freeze before it could get to the gun! Switching to 3/8" straight black air hose fixed all the issues! Never tried HP hose for the LP services....I've had too good of luck using the GoodYear Black air hose. My Motto: If its not broke, don't fix it!